Shepherd’s pie with a celeriac mash – vegan. Topped with creamy, fluffy mashed potatoes. Vegan Lentil Shepherds Pie- a plant-based take on the comforting classic made with hearty lentils and parsnip mashed potatoes. As much as I love them both in this dish, it's still plenty tasty enough sans celeriac and parsnips.
Savory, comforting, hearty, easy to make and delicious – this Vegan Shepherd's Pie pretty. Buy us a cup of coffee. Thank you all so much for watching our recipe videos and supporting our channel. You can cook Shepherd’s pie with a celeriac mash – vegan using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd’s pie with a celeriac mash – vegan
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of red onion, peeled and chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It’s 2 of carrots, chopped (i do into halfmoon shapes).
- Prepare 2 sticks of celery, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of puy lentils, rinsed and drained.
- It’s 500 ml of vegetable stock – may need more.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1-2 tsp of fresh thyme leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper or paprika – optional.
- Prepare of For the celeriac mash:.
- You need 1 head of celeriac, peeled and roughly chopped.
- Prepare of couple of sprigs of fresh thyme and/ or rosemary.
- It’s of Some olive oil or butter or vegan butter.
- Prepare of Sea salt and black pepper.
- You need Handful of hazelnuts.
If you would to further support and help us. This is the perfect comfort food which is plant-based, gluten-free and easy to make. Thanksgiving and potlucks around the holidays are a good time to whip up some savory filling meals. This Easy Casserole is filled with a veggie, herb, chickpea filling.
Shepherd’s pie with a celeriac mash – vegan step by step
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C..
- For the celeriac mash: put the celeriac into a large pot of boiling water, add a pinch of salt. Bring back to the boil then simmer covered for 15-20 mins. I add some sprigs of thyme and/ or rosemary to the water. Drain and then mash with a fork or masher: add some oil and/ or butter to bring help mash til smooth. I like some texture so i never mash til completely smooth. Add a generous pinch of seasalt and a few grind of black pepper..
- In an oven-proof pan, heat the olive oil on a medium heat and then add the garlic and onions. Sauté til soft..
- Add the carrots and celery and cook til softened..
- Add the thyme leaves, vinegar, lentils, cayenne/ paprika if using and stock. If you drink alcohol, a splash of red wine can be added. Cover and simmer for 20-25 mins. Check that the mix doesn’t dry out – just add some hot water if it does..
- When the lentil mix is ready, spoon the celeriac mash on top. Cook in the oven for about 10 mins. Some grated cheese (vegan cheese of course if you’re making it vegan) on top is a good addition!.
- Because the celeriac has a nutty taste, i added some hazelnuts that i toasted in a dry pan for 5-10 mins..
- And that’s it! Enjoy on its own or with some greens..
Let simmer for a few minutes to thicken. Mash the potatoes and add the soy milk and vegan butter. Add more if needed until smooth. Filling and comforting vegan shepherd's pie made with a delicious veggie-packed veggie mince and creamy mashed potatoes. And topped with some fabulous vegan mashed potatoes this is a super satisfying vegan dinner meal.
Thank you tante yani for sharing Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Shepherd’s pie with a celeriac mash – vegan, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp