Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb).
You can have Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) using 28 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb)
- You need of Equipment.
- You need 2 of Pans.
- Prepare 1 of Baking Tray (I think mine was approx 20cm x 20cm).
- It’s 1 of Food Pocessor (I used my trusty Nutribullet).
- You need of Oven.
- You need of Produce.
- It’s 1 of Celery Sticks (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 of Carrots (finely chopped).
- You need 1/2-1 of Leek (finely chopped).
- You need 200 gms of Mushrooms (some sliced, some finely chopped).
- It’s 1/2 of Medium Onion (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Clove (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 tbs of fresh Parsley (finely chopped).
- It’s 3 sprigs of Thyme (leave whole).
- It’s 1 head of Cauliflower (processed) – for the topping.
- You need of Others.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of tab Dried Mix Herbs (or Pizza herbs).
- You need 1 tbs of Tomato Paste.
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 3 tsp of salt (2 for filling, 1 for topping).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Pepper (1 for filling, 2/2 for topping).
- It’s 1 tbs of Rice Flour (mixed in with 1/2 cup cold water).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of Water.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Almond Milk (for the topping).
- You need 1 tbs of butter (for the topping – I used a dairy free version).
- Prepare 3 tbs of Parmesan (for the topping – I used a Vegan Parmesan).
- Prepare 1 Can of lentils (drained and rinsed).
- You need 2 tbs of Olive Oil.
Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) step by step
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare vegetables as per ingredients instructions (pic doesn't show the Cauliflower once put in the food processor or the rice flour mixture).
- Place 1tbs Olive oil in a pan, add the onion and saute for 5mins..
- While the onion sautes, in the other pan, add the processed Cauliflower, 2 cups almond milk, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper to the other pan. Place lid on pan and leave to simmer covered (I didn't take any pics, sorry). This will cook down for approx 15 – 20mins cooking (or until softened).
- Back to the filling pan, Add the other tbs olive oil and then leek and garlic and saute for a further 3 minutes. Then add the Mushrooms, carrot, celery, parsley, tomato paste, thyme, mixed herbs, paprika, 2 tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper and stir..
- Add the lentils and 1 1/2 cups Water and stir. Bring to the boil, turn down to simmer for approx 10mins.
- Just before the filling is ready, add the rice flour water mixture and cook for a minute or so and place the filling mixture into the baking tray.
- For the topping, place the cooked down Cauliflower mixture in a Food processor (I used a Nutribullet), with the butter and 2tbs Parmesan and blitz until smooth..
- Spread the Cauliflower Mash over the top of the filling, sprinkle the last tablespoon of Parmesan over the top and bake for 30mins..
- Once finished, serve. You can leave in the oven for longer for a browner top. I was too hungry to wait and it was great anyway (although doesn't make for the prettiest of pics 😂).
Thank you tante yuli for sharing How to Cook Perfect Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb), hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp