Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup.
You can have Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup
- Prepare 3 Tbsp. of Butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk, half-and half, OR heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked chicken, minced.
- You need 1 can (14 oz.) of chicken broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped mushrooms.
- Prepare Pinch of dried Thyme (optional).
Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup step by step
- You can successfully make this soup in less than 10 minutes from pantry items and a couple refrigerated stables… Start by melting 3 tablespoons butter over a medium heat. Once melted sprinkle with 1/4 cup flour and whisk until smooth. This is going to be a roux not a gravy, so take it easy with measuring the flour, no heaping or packing here..
- Once the flour has absorbed the butter add the milk. Whisk, whisk, whisk. Once the roux thickens add the chicken broth, and you guessed it, whisk..
- Now because everything else we are adding is cooked and just needs to be brought up to temperature turn the heat to medium-low. Add the minced chicken (this can be canned, rotisserie, leftover, white meat, dark meat, chicken you cooked just because you wanted to make soup… Chicken). Then add the chopped mushrooms. I like using the ugly little canned mushrooms for this soup because it keeps soup prep to less than ten minutes. Stir! You thought I was going to say whisk didn't you…..
- I dished my little ones first then added Thyme for my bowl. I hope you enjoy!.
Thank you mother yani for sharing How to Make Perfect Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp