20 Minute Skillet: Penne with turkey, roasted butternut squash, and spinach.
You can have 20 Minute Skillet: Penne with turkey, roasted butternut squash, and spinach using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 20 Minute Skillet: Penne with turkey, roasted butternut squash, and spinach
- Prepare 1 of large butternut squash cubed (I buy already cubed squash when I can get it. Otherwise prep time exceeds 20 min!).
- You need to taste of Seasonings: garlic powder, thyme, paprika, pepper, salt.
- It’s of Olive or avocado oil.
- You need 1 lb of ground turkey.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 of small onion diced.
- Prepare 6 cups of fresh spinach roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 12 oz of whole grain penne pasta.
- Prepare of Chopped walnuts.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese and/or ricotta cheese.
20 Minute Skillet: Penne with turkey, roasted butternut squash, and spinach instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with avocado oil. Add cubed squash. Season with garlic powder, thyme, paprika, pepper. Mix well and bake for 15-20 min turning midway through.. You can broil for a few minutes. I like squash to be crispy and brown..
- Meanwhile in a non stick large skillet sauté garlic and onion in avocado oil (can substitute any healthy oil you like).
- Add ground turkey to pan and brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add spinach to mixture and a dash of garlic powder..
- Once spinach has wilted down some add the wine and chicken broth. You can alter the liquids according to preference..
- While mixture simmers on a low flame add the pasta to boiling water in another pot..
- Cook pasta (Aldente) and drain, reserving some of the pasta water to add to skillet..
- Add walnuts to baking sheet and broil for an additional 2-3 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with kosher salt..
- Add butternut squash and nuts to turkey mixture..
- Add pasta, pasta water and about 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese to skillet. (omit cheese for a cleaner dish).
- Stir mixture and serve with freshly grated Parmesan and/or ricotta cheese (again omit for a cleaner dish).
Thank you sister sri for sharing How to Cook Tasty 20 Minute Skillet: Penne with turkey, roasted butternut squash, and spinach, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp