Stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese). Stromboli is a type of turnover filled with various Italian cheeses (typically mozzarella) and cold cuts (typically Italian meats such as salami, capocollo and bresaola) or vegetables. Note: Includes: stromboli; Pizza Hut Calizza. While stromboli and calzones can have very similar fillings—meat, cheese, vegetables—there are a few notable differences.
A stromboli is baked with the sauce as part of the filling, while a turnover-shaped calzone has it served in the side for dipping. Add vegetables, more meats, different cheeses, or other herbs and spices. Zesty, cheesy and perfect for pizza night this Italian Meat Stromboli recipe is an easy and delicious A calzone is pretty much just a pizza folded in half, stuffed with your favorite pizza toppings and The basics are starting with either a pizza dough or a bread dough and you stuff it with cheese, pizza. You can cook Stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese)
- You need 1 of Frozen pizza dough ball.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 lb of ham( cold cuts, thinly sliced).
- You need 1/4 lb of Pepperoni (sandwich size, thin sliced).
- Prepare 1/4 lb of Provolone cheese sliced thin.
- You need 1/4 lb of mozzarella cheese sliced thin.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of Salami sliced thin.
Stromboli discussion from the Chowhound General Discussion, Italian food community. Sign up to discover your next favorite restaurant, recipe, or cookbook in the largest community of knowledgeable food enthusiasts. Calzones use ricotta cheese, and stromboli does not. Stromboli is made with mozzarella cheese (preferably low-moisture) to keep moisture at a Whether you're team stromboli or team calzone, these distinctions shouldn't inspire hate.
Stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese) step by step
- Spray bowl with cooking spray and place pizza dough in bowl and cover (I use wax paper) allow to rise in warm area takes about 1 hour.
- Spread flour on counter and place dough on flour and roll the dough out as large as you can wo it getting paper thin. If sticking to rolling pin use flour on it to help reduce sticking.
- Layer your meat and cheeses 1 variety at a time, I go in a circular patten and don't be shy to get hear edges. I do meat…cheese…meat…cheese..meat. however layer however you like.
- Once all meat and cheese is placed, it's rolling time. Take the longer side of the dough and roll it like a burrito or like rolling a beach towel til you reach other end. Do this slow so dough does not tear..
- Tuck the corners in and under. Then carefully transfer your stromboli to a greased cookie sheet/pizza pan.Once on sheet , wisk 1 egg and brush on top on stromboli. .makes it golden brown ;).
- Cook on 350 for 35 to 40 min then broil for 2 min for crispy top. Then cut into slices and enjoy.
We're here to appreciate the differences, not yell about them. This stromboli recipe is tender dough stuffed with tomato sauce, cheese and Italian meats, then baked to golden brown perfection. Both a stromboli and a calzone are made with pizza dough folded around meats, cheeses or vegetables, but a stromboli is log shaped and a calzone is often. Calzone vs Stromboli Calzone and Stromboli are two equally tasty foods that are popular with many people nowadays. They sound as if they are Italian food.
Thank you tante amel for sharing Easiest Way to Make Tasty Stromboli/calzone (meat and cheese), hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp