Sweet Potato, Bean and Wild Rice Burritos.
You can cook Sweet Potato, Bean and Wild Rice Burritos using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato, Bean and Wild Rice Burritos
- You need 2 cup of cubed sweet potato or yam.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of vegetable stock or water.
- You need 1/2 cup of wild rice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 of ripe banana.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hot pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 of Sea salt and ground pepper.
- It’s 4 tsp of olive oil, divided.
- You need 8 of tortillas.
Sweet Potato, Bean and Wild Rice Burritos step by step
- Sweet Potato-Bean Filling: In a saucepan, cover sweet potato with sstock. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until soft. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sweet potato to a bowl and set aside..
- Add rice to hot stock in the saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes or until rice is tender and most or all of the liquid is absorbed..
- Meanwhile, in a skilley, heat oil over mediium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until soft. Stir in garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add black beans and coarsely mash with a potato masher..
- In a large mixing bowl, mash banana with reserved sweet potato. Add onion-bean mixture, cooked wild rice, hot peper flakes and salt and pepper, to taste..
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet and wrap1-2 spoonfulls of bean mixture in a torilla, then cook in oil for ~5 minutes on each side..
Thank you mother yani for sharing How to Prepare Delicious Sweet Potato, Bean and Wild Rice Burritos, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp