Aubergine and Chickpea Curry.
You can cook Aubergine and Chickpea Curry using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Aubergine and Chickpea Curry
- You need 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need 2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 large of Diced Onion.
- You need 4 clove of Garlic (to taste) or garlic paste.
- You need 5 medium of Fresh Tomatoes or tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 large of Fresh green Chillies (slit down the sides, but not all the way to the bottom).
- You need 1 large of Cubed Aubergine.
- It’s 1 can of White Chickpeas.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Turmeric.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fresh Lemon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger (or fresh).
- You need 1 of sprinkle of fresh coriander or 1 tsp of ground.
- It’s 2 tsp of Garam Masala.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plain natural yoghurt (if required).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Salt (or to taste).
Aubergine and Chickpea Curry step by step
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, fry until they pop. Then Add the diced Onion and salt and sauté until they are translucent and soft..
- Add the garlic, and tomatoes and soften. If you are using fresh tomatoes add a little water, 1/4 cup, if you are using tinned there should be enough liquid. Then add the Chillies..
- Add the Turmeric, Cumin, paprika, Coriander (if using fresh coriander save some to sprinkle over at the end) add the Lemon Juice.
- Add the Cubed Aubergine and Chickpeas and coat it in the sauce, then add just enough water to cover, about 1/4 to half a cup if it's looking a bit dry..
- Leave to cook on a high heat stirring occasionally, the size of the diced aubergine will depend on the cooking time, just keep checking on the firmness depending on how soft you like the aubergine..
- When the water is almost boiled away you should be left with some nice tender Aubergines and soft chickpeas, you can then crush some of the chickpeas into the Masala sauce to thicken it..
- Take off the heat once your Masala sauce has thickened and sprinkle over the Garam Masala and some coriander and leave for a few minutes to rest. When you come back, stir and it's ready to serve!.
Thank you mother diah for sharing Recipe: Delicious Aubergine and Chickpea Curry, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp