[Vegan] Butternut Squash Risotto.
You can have [Vegan] Butternut Squash Risotto using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of [Vegan] Butternut Squash Risotto
- You need 1 cup of arborio or other medium-grained rice (you need a starchy rice for risotto, unlike the long-grained basmati).
- It’s 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 1 of butternut squash, peeled and cut into a 1/2-inch dice.
- You need 4-5 cups of hot vegetable stock (you could use water, but a stock is far more preferable for better flavour).
- It’s 1/2 cup of white wine.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh sage or 1 tablespoon dried sage.
- It’s to taste of Salt and ground black pepper.
[Vegan] Butternut Squash Risotto instructions
- Cashew Cheese made by blending together 1/4 cup cashews, 1 tsp nutritional yeast, 1/4 cup of water, and salt to taste (optional).
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the butternut squash, a pinch of salt, and some ground black pepper..
- Saute over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes or until the squash starts to soften and caramelize..
- Turn down the heat to medium. Add the rice and stir it with the squash until it begins to turn opaque, about 1 minute. Season again with salt and pepper..
- Add the white wine and cook, stirring, until the wine’s almost evaporated..
- Add 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and stir it in. Once the stock has almost evaporated, add another 1/2 cup. Repeat until the rice is cooked. It took me about 35 minutes. Don’t forget to season again with salt and pepper at the end. You might need more or less stock, and you basically want the rice to be tender yet slightly toothy, or al dente. In other words, you don’t want mushy ride. You also don’t want the rice to be dry and lumpy. It should be smooth and creamy..
- Now add the cashew cheese, if you’re using it, and stir it in. Immediately add the sage and mix. Turn off the heat..
Thank you sister sri for sharing Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy [Vegan] Butternut Squash Risotto, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp