You can cook Seafood Chowder using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Seafood Chowder
- Prepare 8 of bacon slices.
- Prepare 8 of green onions minced – reserve green part and set aside.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of thyme.
- You need 2 of whole garlic's minced.
- It’s 4 Tbs of flour.
- It’s 5 cups of milk (I used nonfat).
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 lbs of raw shrimp in shell.
- You need 4 of lobster tails.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes (I used 2 tsp because I like it spicy).
- It’s 24 oz of frozen corn.
- Prepare 2 cans of crab meat (I used Blue Star).
Seafood Chowder instructions
- In a stock pot, cook bacon. Remove bacon when finished and set aside..
- Sauteed green onion, thyme and garlic in bacon reserves for about 3-5 minutes..
- Stir in flour, milk chicken stock and bay leaves. Continue stirring for about 1 minute..
- On medium low heat, add shrimp and lobster tails. Cook for about 15 minutes or until shrimp is done. Try not to overcook the seafood..
- Remove shrimp and lobster tails when cooked and turn stovetop to low..
- Remove shrimp and lobster from shells. Chop lobster into pieces then add both back to pot..
- Add salt, pepper, pepper flakes, crab meat and corn. Cook for another 5 minutes on medium low then add bacon bits and the green part of onions..
- You can adjust the seasonings to your taste and add more flour for thickness..
Thank you mother ida for sharing Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Seafood Chowder, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp