Lobster potpie. Cut the lobster meat into medium-sized cubes. Baked in a crisp crust with a creamy sauce and the same vegetables you would put in a chicken potpie, this is a sensuous variation on the traditional. Traditionally, potpie is a homey comfort food.
Ina's Seafood Potpie, Lobster Potpie, and Vegetable Potpie all have one thing in common: bubbly-warm goodness under a crispy crust. Three more one-dish wonders from Ina! Lobster potpie definition, Lobster potpie meaning You can cook Lobster potpie using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lobster potpie
- You need 1 1/2 qt of heavy cream, or split with half&half, reduced by 25%.
- You need 1 pint of lobster stock, reduced by half.
- It’s 1 of potato, cut in cubes and blanched.
- It’s 1 of large carrot, cut in cubes and blanched.
- It’s 1/2 of fennel, cut in cubes and blanched.
- It’s 10 oz of chopped lobster meat.
- Prepare to taste of S&P.
- Prepare 1 sheet of puff pastry, rolled to 1/16" thick and cut into 4 cir.
- Prepare 1 of egg for wash*.
- It’s 2 tsp of thyme, off stems.
- Prepare 1 1/2 C of asparagus, chopped (instead of potato).
- You need of Cornstarch (to thicken).
Fennel infuses succulent lobster with a fresh licorice-like essence. The shellfish filling and buttery bread are reminiscent of a lobster roll. These potpies are so pretty that you almost don't want to eat them. ½ pound cooked lobster meat (can be bought at the seafood counter). ½ teaspoon dried thyme. When I got home , what a.
Lobster potpie step by step
- Preheat oven to 500°. Whisk the reduced cream and lobster stock together to make sauce..
- In a pot, heat sauce with vegetables and lobster. Season to taste with S&P and add thyme..
- Place equal amounts of sauce with lobster and vegetables into 4 12oz gratin dishes. Place rolled puff pastry on top and brush with egg wash. Place in the oven for 7 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and serve..
- Egg wash: mix egg with 1 tsp water or milk and a pinch of salt..
- I used 1-2C chopped asparagus instead of the potato. I also added 3 tsp cornstarch (dissolved in cold water) because I felt it is to liquidy..
Pot Pies in a reusable white ceramic ramekin. Chefs Michael Mina and Greg Zanitsch sate cool-weather cravings with two different takes on a savory pie, paired with rich white wines. This week Gross Guy teaches you how to make Lobster Pot Pie! It's like Chicken Pot Pie, but with lobster and clam chowder! We were recently out for dinner with friends to celebrate Ken's birthday.
Thank you mother ida for sharing Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Lobster potpie, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp