Capitol Hill Bean Soup.
You can have Capitol Hill Bean Soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Capitol Hill Bean Soup
- It’s 1 pound of dried white navy beans, sorted of debris and rinsed.
- You need 1 of (about 1-lb.) ham bone or uncured ham hock (I used the center bone with lots of meat from the ham dinner we had the day before).
- It’s 2 1/2 quarts of water (10 cups).
- It’s 1 of large russet potato (about 8 oz.).
- You need 3 cups of chopped celery (about 6 stalks).
- You need 3 cups of chopped yellow onion (about 3 medium onions).
- Prepare 1-3 of Garlic clove, minced.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley.
Capitol Hill Bean Soup step by step
- Place beans in a Dutch oven or large casserole; add water to cover, and soak 8 hours or overnight. Drain beans. Add ham bone and water. Cover and bring to a boil over high; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 1 hour..
- Rinse potato; pierce with a fork, and wrap potato in a paper towel. Microwave on HIGH until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes; peel and mash potato. Stir potato, celery, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper into bean mixture; simmer over medium-low until beans are tender, about 1 hour..
- Remove ham bone from Dutch oven, and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard bone and fat; dice meat, and stir into bean mixture. Top each serving with chopped parsley.
Thank you sister ridha for sharing How to Make Perfect Capitol Hill Bean Soup, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp