Cowpea beans , potato and brinjal Puli kulambu / tamarind based gravy. How To Make Kathirikai Urulaikilangu Kulambu..puli kulambu brinjal curry south indian with step by step photo and video recipe. there myriad recipes and curries prepared from the tender eggplants which are popular across india. each region has its own variation which mainly differs with the stuffing and way the brinjal curry is prepared. ennai. Add tamarind to water and mash it up well and extract the pulp.
This Vendakkai puli kuzhambu curry is for the love of tamarind. Every Tamilian house would have a version of this curry. Its really hard to qualify a recipe. You can cook Cowpea beans , potato and brinjal Puli kulambu / tamarind based gravy using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cowpea beans , potato and brinjal Puli kulambu / tamarind based gravy
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 5 grams of vadagam.
- It’s 5 of garlic cloves peeled.
- It’s 10 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 of potato chopped.
- It’s 100 grams of cowpea beans / yard long beans chopped.
- You need 2 of brinjal/ egg plant.
- You need 1 of tomato chopped.
- You need 2 pinch of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rock salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut grated / cut.
- You need 20 grams of roasted gram.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli slit.
- It’s 10 grams of tamarind soaked with rock salt.
Tamil Style tamarind gravy (Puli Kuzhambu). Soak them in a bowl of water (to avoid bitter taste and to avoid black color). Puli kulambu is one of our family favorite and amma makes it more than twice in a week. Each time she uses different vegetables to make puli I love to add lots of garlic in my kulambu.
Cowpea beans , potato and brinjal Puli kulambu / tamarind based gravy step by step
- Heat oil in a pan , add onion , vadagam , curry leaves , garlic and stir till onion turns pink.
- Add the chopped veggies – potato , yard long beans / cowpea beans and brinjal and stir a few times. Once the veggies are coated with oil add the turmeric , salt , chilli powder , coriander powder and stir till the masala is fried..
- Add the tomatoes and stir till it becomes soft now add the tamarind water , cover and allow to boil till the veggies are cooked.
- Grind the coconut and fried gram to a fine paste and add to the boiling gravy along with a slit chilli . Let it boil for a few seconds . Once done serve along with rice.
Specially if you have those big fat chinese garlic, it taste so good. The garlic gets cooked and absorbs all juices from. Ennai kathirikai kulambu is a gravy based dish from the Tamil Nadu cuisine. Ennai kathirikai kulambu has a sour taste along with a complex flavor. Pass a knife or fork through brinjal and it should slid easily.
Thank you mother wati for sharing Recipe: Tasty Cowpea beans , potato and brinjal Puli kulambu / tamarind based gravy, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp