Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ"). Your comprehensive guide to making the most delicious bulgogi (Korean BBQ beef) at home! Literally speaking, bulgogi (불고기) means "fire meat". Beef tenderloin, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, green onion, ground black pepper, korean pear, onion, rice syrup, sesame oil, soy sauce.
A wonderfully marinated Korean beef dish. Kimchi, white sticky rice, whole cabbage leaves and assorted pickled vegetables make a wonderful accompaniment. Korean barbecue is popular in its home country, but has also gained popularity worldwide. You can cook Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ") using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ")
- You need 2 pounds of beef (ribeye or skirt steak work well), very thinly sliced. I don't recommend super lean cuts for this preparation.
- Prepare 1 of whole green onion (white and green parts) chopped.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of finely minced garlic (about 3 cloves).
- You need 1/4 of of a sweet apple, finely grated (you can use 3 Tablespoons apple sauce in a pinch) to tenderize and sweeten.
- It’s 3-4 Tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of toasted sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of regular soy sauce.
Bulgogi is the most popular variety of Korean barbecue. Before cooking, the meat is marinated with a mixture of soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, garlic and pepper. Bulgogi is a type of Korean BBQ made with thin slices of sirloin beef. It is marinated in a mixture with soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and pureed Bulgogi is one of Korea's most popular meat dishes and justifiably so – it tastes amazing!
Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ") step by step
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly in a mixing bowl and ideally allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking. For me, the best way to get all the meat evenly seasoned is to get in there with your hands and mix and massage to distribute all the seasonings thoroughly and evenly..
- PAN FRY OR SAUTE METHOD: Cook the meat in four separate batches on an oil (about 1.5 teaspoons per batch) pan preheated to medium high, for 2.5 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure all pieces are cooked. If you, like I, love onions, you can saute some 1/4-inch thick pieces of sliced onions with each batch..
- OVEN METHOD: Preheat the oven to 425F. Mix an additional 1.5 to 2 Tablespoons oil in with the meat and spread the meat evenly in a single layer on a foil-lined sheet pan or broiler pan. Place the pan about 4 inches under the heat element and cook for 15 minutes..
- GRILL METHOD: You'll need a grill basket or screen to keep the meat from falling through the slats. Spread the meat in a single layer and cook over medium high heat (and at least 5 inches above the goals or gas element) until the meat is cooked. 3 to 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the cut and grill heat..
- Enjoy! :).
Traditionally, bulgogi was eaten on special occasions like birthdays. Korean BBQ Beef Bulgogi. by ourbestbitesrecipes. This recipe, I decided to make with Sempio soy sauce because they are the best soy sauce from Korea. Trust me, my grandma even used it, my mom still uses it and I grow up eating Sempio soy sauce. Korean BBQ Bulgogi made of thin beef slices marinated in a sweet and salty marinade and cooked to perfection over charcoal or tabletop griddle.
Thank you tante ridha for sharing Recipe: Yummy Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ"), hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp