Beef lasagne. A family-pleasing version of lasagna is made with lean ground beef, whole wheat lasagna noodles, prepared sauce, and plenty of mozzarella for a dish that's easy yet hearty. In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the water, tomato sauce and paste, soup mix, oregano, sugar and pepper.
This Easy Beef Lasagna is the easiest lasagna ever! There's no need to boil noodles or slave away for hours over the stove for this recipe. It's the perfect meal for a busy weeknight dinner. You can cook Beef lasagne using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef lasagne
- You need 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large brown onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Prepare 1 kg of beef mince.
- You need 160 ml (2/3 cup) of red wine.
- It’s 2 of x 700ml btls passata (tomato pasta sauce).
- It’s 2 Tbsp (30 g) of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of chopped fresh oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped fresh thyme leaves.
- Prepare 1 of x 250g pkt dried lasagne sheets.
- It’s of Béchamel sauce.
- Prepare 125 g of butter, chopped.
- You need 115 g (3/4 cup) of plain flour.
- You need 1.5 L (6 cups) of milk, warmed.
- It’s g of (1/2 cup) coarsely grated cheddar.
- Prepare 55 g (1/2 cup) of coarsely grated mozzarella.
- It’s 40 g (1/2 cup) of finely grated parmesan.
- You need Pinch of ground nutmeg.
If you're like me, you're probably scared to make lasagna because of all the work it takes. You have to: boil the noodles, make the sauce, assemble. Add the ground beef and brown, then drain off any excess drippings. Lay lasagna sheets flat on towels, and blot dry.
Beef lasagne instructions
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes. Increase heat to high. Add the mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 4-5 minutes or until the mince changes colour..
- Add the wine. Cook for 4 minutes or until the wine has almost evaporated. Add the passata, tomato paste, oregano and thyme. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 30 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, to make the besciamella, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Remove from heat. Stir in the flour. Place the pan over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly, until smooth. Place the milk mixture over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Add half the cheddar, half the mozzarella and half the parmesan. Stir until well.
- Spread about 2 cups of the mince mixture over the base of a 3L (12-cup) capacity, 5cm-deep, 21 x 32cm (base measurement) ovenproof dish. Arrange 3 lasagne sheets on top. Spread with 2 cups of mince mixture. Pour over 21/2 cups of besciamella. Top with 3 lasagne sheets. Continue layering with remaining mince mixture, lasagne sheets and besciamella..
- Bake for 30 minutes. Combine remaining cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan. Sprinkle over the lasagne. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender and golden. Set aside for 15 minutes to stand. Serve..
Assembly of the lasagna: Spread a little of the beef sauce across the bottom of your pan. Cover with a layer of beef sauce and drizzle about half a cup of cheese sauce over this-no need to be too particular. Cover with a layer of lasagna sheets. Repeat the beef sauce and cheese sauce two more times, then a final layer of sheets. A classic Italian recipe, that's become a firm favourite.
Thank you mother amel for sharing Recipe: Tasty Beef lasagne, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp