Butterless Lime Curd Mini Pies. Fruit curd is a dessert spread which is used as a topping or served as a side for bread and scones. The most popular one is the lemon curd which is widely employed in pies. And look what turned up in my kitchen.
I have done it with lime, orange, and grapefrut as well. Spread on top of Passover sponge cake or eaten with a spoon, it is sooo good! Nothing taste better than key lime pie made with fresh key limes. You can have Butterless Lime Curd Mini Pies using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butterless Lime Curd Mini Pies
- You need 6-8 of ready-bake mini pie shells (depends how full you want them).
- It’s 1/2 cup of lime juice (fresh is best, but bottled is fine).
- Prepare of zest of 2 limes.
- Prepare 3 of large egg yolks.
- You need 2 of large whole eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated white sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s of ~ Optional fresh whipped cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 2 tbs of powdered sugar.
- Prepare dash of vanilla.
This one is really tasty and super simple to make. Mini pies are great because everyone can have their own. I love lemon curd or lemon butter as we call it here in Oz but it's quite fattening so I went searching for a lighter version and found this on a website called Bakingsheet. I used Alice Medrich's recipe for lemon curd and simply substituted lime juice for lemon juice.
Butterless Lime Curd Mini Pies step by step
- Pre-bake pie shells according to package directions. While they are baking begin your lime curd..
- Use a zester or grater to zest 2 limes, careful not to get any of the white pith. Juice enough limes to get 1/2 cup of juice (about 4-6 depending on size)..
- In a small bowl beat together whole eggs and egg yolks. In a medium saucepan off heat stir together lime juice, lime zest, sugar, beaten eggs, and salt until smooth..
- Turn on heat to medium low and cook mixture, stirring constantly until thickened, about 10 minutes. Do not allow to come to a simmer and do not allow to sit or you chance scrambling the eggs..
- Curd is thick enough when it coats the spoon and a swipe of your finger leaves a stripe, as pictured. Turn off heat, cover and let cool 20 minutes..
- Stir lime curd and spoon into prepared crusts, spreading out to fill evenly. Refrigerate uncovered (this forms a nice skin on top) at least 2-4 hours. Serve chilled..
- Add whipped cream if desired: In a chilled bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a wisk attachment add cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Wisk on medium speed until stiff peaks form, careful not to over whip so you don't make butter. ;).
You can also use jam when making little mini-tarts here, but the lime curd makes them zesty, bright and. Serve these tart No Bake Mini Key Lime Pies at every summer party or picnic and watch them disappear. Easy bite-sized desserts always make everyone smile. Spoon the key lime curd evenly into the mini graham cracker crusts. Press a small piece of plastic wrap on top of each pie, directly on.
Thank you mother ridha for sharing Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Butterless Lime Curd Mini Pies, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp