BBQ Sauce Braised Pork Shoulder.
You can cook BBQ Sauce Braised Pork Shoulder using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of BBQ Sauce Braised Pork Shoulder
- You need 3-3.5 pounds of boneless pork shoulder cut into 1.5-inch cubes.
- It’s 1.25 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder (not garlic salt).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of oil.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch strips.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and lightly crushed.
- Prepare 1 cup of BBQ sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare of optional: 1 to 2 Tablespoons brown sugar if you like your BBQ sauce on the sweeter side.
- It’s of optional: 1 to 2 Tablespoons apple cider or distilled white vinegar if you have a sweet sauce & like your BBQ sauce tangy.
BBQ Sauce Braised Pork Shoulder step by step
- Season the pork shoulder cubes with the salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. I like to sprinkle the seasonings over the entire area of the meat so it starts out already well distributed before I give it a few tosses to make sure it's even more evenly distributed. (I also like to just do this right on the cutting board after cutting and save myself a dirty dish.).
- In a large pot, bring your oil up to medium high heat and sear the pork on two opposite sides for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown..
- Add in the onion, garlic, BBQ sauce and water (and/or brown sugar and/or vinegar if you choose), give the mixture a couple of stirs, and cover completely until you hear the mixture boiling (should be 5 to 7 minutes)..
- At that point, turn the heat down to medium low, give the braise a couple of stirs, and simmer, completely covered, for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you can scrape any burnt solids from the bottom of the pot during this process, your heat's a little too high, and you should adjust it down slightly..
- Remove the lid and continue to simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes to allow the liquids to reduce and concentrate in flavor, stirring occasionally. About halfway into this last simmer period is when you should taste and adjust the seasoning for more salt and/or spices if you like. This will give the added seasoning time to meld. Always increase salt and spices in small amounts – you can always add, but you can't subtract..
- We like this with mashed potatoes or potato salad. Enjoy! :).
Thank you sister yani for sharing Recipe: Perfect BBQ Sauce Braised Pork Shoulder, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp