Cinnamon Crust Dutch Apple Pie.
You can cook Cinnamon Crust Dutch Apple Pie using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Crust Dutch Apple Pie
- It’s of For the Crust.
- Prepare 1 of Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust.
- You need 1 Tbls of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 Tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need of For the Pie.
- Prepare 7 of peeled, cored and thinly sliced small granny smith apples.
- It’s 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 1 cup of Gold Medal unbleached all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need of Granulated sugar, for sprinkling.
- You need 1/2 cup of Breakfast Wheaties.
- It’s of For the Icing.
- It’s 1/2 cup of powered sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 tsp of milk.
Cinnamon Crust Dutch Apple Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. Unroll pie crust onto a glass pie dish. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon and granulated sugar. Pour the 1/2 cup of Wheaties to cover bottom of pie crust. (This is a key ingredient, trust me no one will know its there but it does the job, keeps the pie together)..
- Place sliced apples in a mound on top of the Wheaties. In a large bowl, combine butter, flour and brown sugar and form into crumbles using fingers or a pastry blender. Sprinkle crumbles over apples..
- Sprinkle granulated sugar evenly over crumbles. Bake pie until the top and crust are a golden brown and the filling is bubbling, about 40 minutes (cover top/crust with foil if necessary to prevent it from getting too dark). Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack..
- In a small bowl, whisk together powered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and milk to form the icing (add more sugar or milk to reach desired consistency). Using a pastry bag or a Ziploc bag with one end cut off, pipe on the icing in a swirl on top of the crumbles on fully cooled pie..
Thank you sister wati for sharing Recipe: Tasty Cinnamon Crust Dutch Apple Pie, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp