Chicken corn chowder soup. Now, soup is definitely one of my favorite things to make for dinner so I'm always looking out for new soup recipes. Today we are serving up this Creamy Chicken and Corn Chowder that is definitely a win all around. I loved it, my husband loved it and my picky eating kids loved it.
This chicken corn chowder is the type of recipe I'm craving these days. Just give me a big bowl of something warm, please! A rich corn chowder built on a base of chicken stock and half-and-half has yellow and white corn, potatoes, and shredded chicken for a meal in a bowl. You can have Chicken corn chowder soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken corn chowder soup
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of pack of boneless chicken breast.
- Prepare 8 cups of chicken stock (2 quarts).
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk.
- It’s 5 of heaping tbsp flour.
- You need of Olive oil to brown chicken then veggies.
- Prepare 1 of large onion diced.
- It’s 6 stalks of celery diced.
- Prepare 2 of small red and green peppers diced.
- Prepare Handful of baby carrots diced.
- You need 1-2 lbs of diced potatoes.
- You need 6 of fresh ears of corn or two frozen bags of corn.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of crushed garlic.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s to taste of Paprika.
- Prepare of Chicken bouillon for flavoring.
- It’s of Fresh herbs like parsley.
I make a very similar Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken Corn Soup recipe. That version is more 'brothy' rather than creamy as it doesn't use the half. I love freezing soups, but due to the dairy and potatoes in this one, I don't recommend freezing it as is. This was my first attempt at corn chowder and I thought it was fantastic!!
Chicken corn chowder soup step by step
- Brown chicken in large pot with garlic, salt and pepper, and paprika.
- Remove chicken and sauté the veggies (leave potatoes and corn aside) until translucent.
- Add everything else besides the flour. Corn, potatoes, chicken, broth, milk, seasoning. Bring to boil for about 30 min..
- Add flour to about 1 1/2 cups water and make slurry. Pour in and stir right away and let thicken. Taste to add bouillon or salt and pepper..
I used chicken broth and canned corn with a little added honey but. Chicken chowder soup is a delicious comfort food. This recipe is made with a combination of vegetables, spices, and boneless skinless chicken breasts. What sets this chowder apart from most is the addition of potatoes, which is what gives this soup the thickness and creaminess without needing heavy cream. Of course, you CAN add cream if you want too, for an extra and even bigger creamy flavour, BUT it's not needed.
Thank you mother ida for sharing Recipe: Tasty Chicken corn chowder soup, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp