Nashville Style Chicken Sandwich. Dunk the chicken first in the buttermilk mixture, then dredge in the seasoned flour and coat thoroughly. Gently drop the chicken into the oil, in batches if necessary, and fry until golden brown. Fill a medium heavy pot, preferably cast-iron, about halfway with oil.
Nashville Style Chicken Sandwich The legend is that Nashville style spicy fried chicken got it's debut as a revenge dish served to a man by his wife when she found out that he was cheating on her. Unfortunately for her plan, he ended up loving the fiery result of her labor and so, Nashville spicy chicken was born. If you've never had Nashville Hot Chicken, we're talking about an ultra-crispy fried chicken doused with a cayenne-infused glaze, and by 'glaze' I mean melted butter and lard. You can have Nashville Style Chicken Sandwich using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nashville Style Chicken Sandwich
- You need of For the Chicken.
- You need 1 of Large Boneless Chicken Breast Sliced in Half Lengthwise.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Milk.
- You need 1 of Egg Beaten.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of AP Flour.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 3 of Tsps Cayenne Powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tsp of Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 Litre of Vegetable or Canola Oil For Frying.
- Prepare of For the Slaw.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups of Finely Shredded Cabbage.
- It’s 1 of Medium Carrot Peeled and Shredded.
- Prepare 2 Tbsps of Sour Cream.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare to Taste of Salt and Pepper.
For the record, I've never been to Nashville, so I can't tell you how authentic this is, but it works for me, and is fairly easy to pull off. Nashville-style Hot and Spicy Fried Chicken Sandwiches worthy of its name and iconic reputation! Flavored with a sizzling hot sauce and spice blend that penetrate the crispy coating, and then paired with a cool, herby, tangy sour cream ranch dressing, these spicy fried chicken sandwiches are known for two things – heat and flavor! In a large bowl, season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
Nashville Style Chicken Sandwich step by step
- To make the coleslaw, simply combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Set aside..
- For the chicken, first we are going to prepare our wet bath and dry dredge. Begin by combining your milk, the beaten egg, and the hot sauce in a bowl and stirring until combined. Set aside..
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, 2 Tsp of Cayenne Powder, 1 Tsp of Chilli Powder, 1 1/2 Tsp Paprika, and 1 Tsp Garlic Powder. Mix using a fork or a whisk until well combined..
- Begin by dipping your chicken breasts into the flour mixture. Once coated in flour, shake off the excess and then dunk into the wet mixture. Coat thoroughly, and transfer back to the flour mixture. Ensure that the chicken is evenly coated by the flour mixture on all sides. Shake off excess flour, and transfer to a plate..
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan or frying pan, heat your oil to 375 degrees F. It will lose a significant amount of heat when you introduce your chicken, so we are aiming high. It is important that your oil is up to temperature before introducing the chicken or you will end up with soggy chicken..
- Fry the chicken until golden brown and crispy on both sides flipping in the oil as necessary (about 3-5 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the breasts). Remove from oil and place on a wire rack with a paper towel underneath to drain..
- Steal about a 1/4 cup of the hot cooking oil which your chicken had just cooked in and place in a heat proof bowl. Add remaining 1 Tsp of Cayenne Powder, 1/2 Tsp of Chilli Powder, and 1/2 Tsp of Paprika along with the brown sugar and the apple cider vinegar. Stir until well combined..
- Once the chicken has drained, place on a plate and spoon the hot oil mixture all over the breasts until they are well coated. Place onto sandwich rolls and top with the homemade coleslaw..
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with a metal rack. Remove from oil onto a cooling rack. Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. To Prepare Nashville Style Hot Chicken Sandwich: Remove chicken from brine. Drain well and discard of brine.
Thank you mother yuni for sharing How to Cook Appetizing Nashville Style Chicken Sandwich, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp