Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan. Remove lid from pot, and fluff rice with a fork. Remove the marjoram sprigs, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve and top with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
I stocked up as if I wouldn't see it again, and quite possibly out of little sense of guilt, and decided this parmesan zucchini and eggplant was just the thing we needed to go with our summer supper. Turn eggplant and zucchini; top eggplant and zucchini slices evenly with marinara sauce and mozzarella. I served the dish with a side of whole wheat spaghetti tossed with olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice. You can have Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan
- You need 1 each of vegetable bouillon cube.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 of sprigs fresh marjoram, divided.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 small of onion, halved and thinly sliced.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 small of zucchini squash, cut in half and sliced.
- It’s 1 small of Japanese eggplant, cut in half and sliced.
- It’s 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- It’s 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- You need 1 oz of olives, pits removed and roughly chopped.
- It’s 3/4 cup of long grain rice.
- It’s 2 of sprigs fresh Italian parsley, leaves removed, roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 oz of Parmesan, shaved.
I think the reason I'm not giving this a higher rating is because the eggplant. Mozzarella and sundried tomatoes make the dish taste like an authentic eggplant parmesan. A mandoline may be the most cost effective tool to Trim and thinly slice the eggplant lengthwise. Once hot, add the eggplant in.
Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan step by step
- In a medium bowl, dissolve bouillon cube in 2 cups hot water with one sprig of marjoram, and set aside..
- Place a medium-large saucepot with a lid over medium heat. Add olive oil, and heat until oil lightly smokes. Add onion and garlic, and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add zucchini, eggplant, pinch of salt and pepper, and cook while stirring for 3-4 more minutes..
- Add olives, second sprig of marjoram, rice and vegetable stock to the saucepot. Heat on high until mixture comes to a boil. Cover with lid, lower heat to medium-low and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes, or until rice is fully cooked and tender. Remove from heat. Leave pot covered, and allow the rice to sit and steam for 5-10 minutes..
- Remove lid from pot, and fluff rice with a fork. Remove the marjoram sprigs and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide onto two plates. Top with parsley and cheese. Enjoy!.
Skinny Eggplant Parmesan PastaTwo Purple Figs. chopped walnuts, japanese eggplants. Tender long Japanese eggplants quickly grilled, served with sesame tahini sauce. This take on eggplant Parmesan uses zucchini in place of the eggplant. Rather than bake the breaded, pan-fried disks as one big layered mass in a baking dish, this version features little individual stacks of alternating layers of pepperoni, a tomato sauce, fresh basil, and a combination of mozzarella. In a small bowl, mix together the panko.
Thank you tante sri for sharing How to Make Appetizing Japanese Eggplant, Zucchini, and Olive Rice with Marjoram and Parmesan, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp