Battered french fried eggplant. French Fried eggplant makes a great appetizer. Quick frying in hot oil keeps eggplant from getting oil-soaked. Enjoy melitzanes tiganites as a side dish or, with other dishes, as a meze.
Is fried eggplant good for you? Slice potatoes into French fries, and place into cold water so they won 't turn brown while you prepare the oil. Batter-Fried Eggplant recipe: Try this Batter-Fried Eggplant recipe, or contribute your own. You can cook Battered french fried eggplant using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Battered french fried eggplant
- It’s of batter.
- You need 1 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking soda.
- Prepare of spices.
- You need 1 tbsp of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of eggplant.
- Prepare 1 large of aubergine.
- Prepare of deep fry.
- It’s 1 of enough oil to fry in.
Dust lightly with flour, shake off excess and set aside. This fried eggplant recipe is the perfect easy appetizer to make when eggplants are at their peak in the late summertime. For me, the biggest challenge with this fried eggplant recipe is deciding what to serve with it. Although the French will eat them with fish or meat, I just feel like that is too much.
Battered french fried eggplant instructions
- Peel the aubergine and cut into french fry shapes.
- Mix batter get the lumps out make like pancake batter likeness.
- Add spices to batter it will increase in size a bit and bubble.
- Coat the aubergine with batter set on parchment paper and put into freezer or refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Get oil hot and deep fry In small batches set onto paper towels to absorbe excess oil add kosher salt to taste if needed..
- Serve immediately hope you enjoy.
- This batter would be good on other vegetables to deep fry like squash, cauliflower, zucchini, zucchini blossoms, mushrooms and so on.
I would have never thought of battering french fries. These are delicious and a bit indulgent! The spices in the coating are yummy. A change from regular fries, these are battered just like when you batter your chicken or fish. Thin slices of fresh eggplant seasoned with creole spices, battered, and fried until golden brown and crispy.
Thank you tante linda for sharing Recipe: Tasty Battered french fried eggplant, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp