Key Lime Pie.
You can have Key Lime Pie using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Key Lime Pie
- Prepare of Graham Cracker Crust*.
- It’s 2 cups of crushed graham crackers (roughly 12 full crackers).
- You need 7 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Pie Filling*.
- It’s 1 of & 1/2 tbsp key lime zest (save a pinch for garnish).
- It’s 3 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 (14 oz) of can of sweetened and condensed milk.
- It’s 3/4 cup of key lime juice (or however much you can get from 1lb).
- You need of Whipped Cream*.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of powered sugar.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of vanilla extract.
Key Lime Pie instructions
- Mix together melted butter, crushed graham crackers, sugar and salt.
- Spread your graham cracker mixture evenly into your pie dish to build your crust. Make sure to press down to flatten out the crumbs..
- Bake pie crust for 10 minutes in a 350° oven..
- Next using an electric mixer, blend together your egg yolks and key lime zest until fluffy (be sure to save a few pinches of zest for your garnish at the end!).
- Blend in sweetened and condensed milk until smooth.
- Lastly..mix in your hard earned key lime juice!.
- Pour your mixture over your graham cracker crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- For the whipped cream, add all ingredients into a bowl and mix for several minutes using an electric mixer. Mix until smooth and fluffy!.
- Let your pie chill for at least 2 hours before adding your whipped cream. I like to let it get to room temperature and THEN put it into the fridge until it's nice and cold..
- Add whipped cream and garnish with lime zest! Enjoy!.
Thank you tante dian for sharing How to Prepare Perfect Key Lime Pie, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp