You can cook Cherry-Port Sauce using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cherry-Port Sauce
- It’s 2 tbsp. of oil.
- It’s 1 of large shallot, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 4 oz. of port.
- It’s 4 oz. of red wine.
- It’s 8 oz. of vegetable stock.
- You need 2 tbsp. of redcurrant jelly.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- You need 1 tsp. of water.
- You need 10 of frozen pitted cherries, thawed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of fresh rosemary, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of fresh thyme, chopped.
- You need Dash of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Cherry-Port Sauce step by step
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan and sauté the shallots over medium-high heat until soft and lightly brown. Add the garlic and sauté lightly for 30 seconds..
- Add the port wine, red wine, and stock. Heat until the volume of liquid has reduced (by a third)..
- Strain the liquid into a large measuring cup, discard the shallots, and return this to the pan. Add the jelly and balsamic vinegar..
- In the same cup, mix the cornstarch and water to a paste. Add a dash of the hot liquid from the pan to the cup and mix well. Add this back to the saucepan..
- Add the cherries and slowly bring to a slight boil while continuing to stir. Bruise the cherries with the back of the spoon..
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the thyme, salt and pepper. Occasionally stirring, continue to cook until the sauce is smooth and coats the back of a spoon..
- Add some "meat" pan juices, heat for 2-3 minutes and serve. [Serving: Roast Duck].
Thank you sister yuli for sharing How to Prepare Delicious Cherry-Port Sauce, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp