Potatoes au Gratin. These homemade au gratin potatoes are always welcome at our dinner table, and they're so simple to make. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Potatoes Au Gratin is the ultimate comfort food with sliced potatoes, heavy cream & grated cheese. This potato gratin recipe is the perfect side dish for any type of meal, whether its weeknight dinners or holiday meals!
Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French classic is made with layers upon layers of finely. The main difference between scalloped potatoes and au gratin potatoes is the cheese. You can cook Potatoes au Gratin using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potatoes au Gratin
- Prepare 2 kg of Potatoes.
- It’s 2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of grated cheese of your choice..
- You need dash of chopped parsley.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cream cheese.
Both dishes consist of thinly sliced potatoes baked in a shallow dish covered in a cream sauce and sometimes. This easy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is made with thinly sliced potatoes, a creamy cheese sauce, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese. Potatoes Au Gratin are a dinnertime staple around here! Tender potato and onion slices smothered in a quick cheesy sauce and baked until golden.
Potatoes au Gratin instructions
- Preheat oven to 250-300 degrees celcius (or mark 6)..
- Peel potatoes, wash and drain well..
- Slice the potatoes as finely as possible or use a slicer to make things easier..
- Rub the garlic around a baking dish or skillet. Grease the dish with butter. I also greased it with cream cheese..
- Start laying the sliced potatoes in the dish separating them only slightly, keeping them compact. Add salt, pepper, parsley. Add a layer of cream. Spread the cream on the potatoes. Add some grated cheese..
- Repeat step 5 for as many layers as you have potatoes. You might need to add cream or cheese..
- On the final layer top with some parsley and a lot of cheese and bake for 45-60minutes..
This is one of our favorite easy side dish recipes. This intoxicating potatoes au gratin features paper thin slices of potato floating in a bath of cream, cheese, and caramelized leeks and garlic; it's a very special potato treat. Au gratin potatoes are one of the greatest casseroles of all time. Tender, fluffy potatoes are bathed in a rich and creamy cheese sauce, then baked in a hot oven until bubbly and crisp. Calling all potato au gratin fans!!
Thank you sister yani for sharing Recipe: Perfect Potatoes au Gratin, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp