Tomato Basil Soup / with grilled cheese. This grilled cheese and tomato soup dynamic duo just got a major upgrade from the shelf-stable stuff. Add chicken stock, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in cream cheese and basil.
This Homemade Tomato Basil Soup, however, tops my list. Made with simple ingredients like tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, onions, and basil, you Thinking back to my childhood, my mom would always serve tomato soup with a buttery grilled cheese sandwich. While this is still my favorite way. You can cook Tomato Basil Soup / with grilled cheese using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Soup / with grilled cheese
- It’s 1 (28 oz) of can diced tomatoes Basil and garlic and oregano or 3-4 regular size cans.
- You need 2 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need Pinch of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need of Grilled cheese.
- It’s of Bread.
- It’s of Butter.
- Prepare of Cheese.
Add tomatoes and juices, gently crushing whole tomatoes with a wooden spoon. Ladle soup in bowls, drizzle with a bit of cream (stir it in so it creates a pretty pattern), and garnish with basil leaves. Serve with grilled cheese bites on the side. Tomato-Basil Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons.
Tomato Basil Soup / with grilled cheese step by step
- In food processor or blender blend all the tomatoes. Many need to do in batches don’t over load..
- Add tomatoes in a pot or Instant pot/ ninja foodie..
- Add salt and pepper to taste, water, and chicken stock.cook until it bubbling, stirring occasionally. For instant pot use sautéed mode..
- Meanwhile make the grilled cheese, and when soup is done remove from heat and let cool down some. After all of the grilled cheese sandwich are all made… add in the 1/2 cup of heavy cream to the soup and blend it in well. Done ✅.
- Notes- if you don’t have any chicken stock, use 2 cups of water and 3 chicken bouillon cubes, that what I used I hardly ever have any stock..
What tomato soup is complete without a grilled cheese? In this recipe, make adorable grilled cheese croutons for dunking and dipping in this quick weeknight staple dinner. Classic grilled cheese sandwiches with a kick. These are great with a bowl of tomato soup with a little basil added. Sprinkle dried basil and salt and pepper to taste.
Thank you tante dian for sharing Recipe: Delicious Tomato Basil Soup / with grilled cheese, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp