Crawfish soup. Crawfish and Corn Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This "soup for the Cajun soul" can be made with crab, shrimp, crawfish, all three or in combination with each other. Most everyone use the term Bisque and Chowder interchangeably.
You can also use frozen crawfish tails, it saves time from peeling the tails. Sauté vegetables in butter until tender. Add flour and stir until blended. You can cook Crawfish soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crawfish soup
- Prepare 1 pk of large jumbo shrimp shell on or off(devein).
- You need 1 pk of crawfish (1lb).
- Prepare 1 pk of coconut milk or can cream optional.
- You need 1 pk of flavored soup mix (I used grace cock soup).
- You need 1 of small pumpkin or calabaza.
- It’s 3 of large white potatoes diced.
- You need 3 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 of large carrot diced.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 2 tsp of paprika (1 to season shrimp).
- Prepare 2 sprig of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 stalk of escallion or green onion.
Add milk, corn, potato soup, crawfish and seasonings. Puree soup and pass through a fine sieve. Boil again and stir in cream. Season to taste and froth with an immersion blender.
Crawfish soup instructions
- Season your shrimp and crawfish with paprika, salt, pepper.
- In your soup pot ? add 1 tsp oil and cook shrimp for 1min on each side. Then remove and set aside. Add crawfish and cook for 2mins on each side or until turn red..
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth and 2 cup of water to the crawfish and bring to a boil. Then add diced carrots and pumpkin. Cover until the liquid comes to a boil and the pumpkin is soft..
- Once the pumpkins are cooked remove them and crush em and then put them back to the pot. (This is optional) Then add your potatoes, salt, coconut milk,cayenne pepper, jamaican pepper, black pepper,oregano, flavoured soup mix, shrimp and stir. Cover and let cook for 20mins or until the potatoes are soft/cooked..
Serve soup with sauteed pears and crawfish. Saute onion in butter until soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Try this crawfish corn soup made with Louisiana Crawfish, which displays the best flavors of both shrimp and lobster. Only six ingredients that combine fresh flavor and convenience to create a quick.
Thank you tante yuli for sharing Recipe: Delicious Crawfish soup, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp