Hidden Veggie Meatloaf. Hidden Veggie Meatloaf. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Nothing says comfort food like an oven-baked Healthy Meatloaf Recipe and mashed potatoes. This Paleo version ditches the potatoes for vitamin-c rich herbed.
Hidden Veggie meatloaf is sure to impress a finicky toddler, and you'll be glad that they are eating it as well, because of all the nutritious ingredients that are lurking inside. Home » Hidden Veggie Mini Meatloaf. Incorporate your veggies into your meatloaf for an all-in-one meal using vegetables. You can cook Hidden Veggie Meatloaf using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hidden Veggie Meatloaf
- You need 2 lbs of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 1 of rib of celery, roughly chopped.
- You need 1/2 of bell pepper, roughly chopped.
- You need 12-15 of baby carrots (or 1/2 cup carrots, roughly chopped).
- Prepare 1 can of unsalted tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
As written in the meatloaf post, these are an easy and convenient way to get your children to eat more meat and more veggies. We gave classic barbecue chicken pizza a healthy twist with hidden shredded zucchini in the sauce. Roasted beets make this healthy dip extra flavorful. Chicken Meatloaf with Hidden Veggies. "This meatloaf tastes amazing and it's a great way to incorporate more colorful veggies into your diet — or hide them from picky little ones!" Ultimate Mushroom Veggie Meatloaf.
Hidden Veggie Meatloaf instructions
- Place celery, bell pepper, carrots, tomato sauce and water in a blender. Blend into a chunky puree. You want to still have some texture to the veggies, but you don't want them detectable in your meatloaf..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl combine the meats, veggie puree, breadcrumbs, eggs, and all seasonings. Mix with clean hands until all ingredients are thoroughly combined..
- Transfer mixture to a large casserole dish or foil lined baking sheet then mold into short, wide rectangular loaf (I go for about 4"wide by 8" long)..
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour. Remove from oven. Top with a thin layer of ketchup. Return to oven and bake an additional.30-35 minutes, or until cooked through..
Thank you tante yani for sharing Recipe: Perfect Hidden Veggie Meatloaf, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp