Rigatoni pasta pie. A pasta pie that hits your eye and your stomach thanks once again to Martha Stewart. Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. With just a few extra minutes of prep time, a classic baked pasta dinner is transformed into an eye-catching pie.
Arrange the pasta vertically in the prepared springform pan. Pack the rigatoni in somewhat tightly until the pan is full. Let it not be said that food life here on Krumpli is predictable! You can have Rigatoni pasta pie using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rigatoni pasta pie
- Prepare 1 lb of rigatoni pasta.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Prepare 1 of ⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper.
- It’s 1 (28 ounce) of can good quality crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare of Butter for pan.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of finely grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 8 ounces of coarsely grated mozzarella cheese.
The dish that preceded this gloriously simple Pasta Pie was a rather polarising Liver and Onions recipe! Can you even begin to believe what you're looking at? Is it a deep dish pizza pie? Cook your pasta until slightly underdone.
Rigatoni pasta pie instructions
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until slightly underdone (I cooked mine for 12 minutes when the box indicated 14 minutes). One pound of pasta should be cooked in 6 quarts of water, make sure you are using a big enough pot so the pasta doesn't stick together. When done, rinse in cold water and drain again. Toss pasta with 1 Tablespoon olive oil to coat. Set aside..
- Heat remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Add garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes more..
- Add crushed tomatoes; simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes..
- Toss pasta with Parmesan cheese. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Tightly pack pasta into pan, standing each piece on end. Spread meat sauce on top of pasta..
- Push the meat sauce into the pasta holes filling each one up. Stuffing the meat into the holes is a weirdly satisfying task. Enough said..
- Place in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake another 10-15 minutes until cheese is golden. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen and then unmold..
- Cut into wedges and serve with any remaining meat sauce you might have..
- Serve with garlic cheesy bread inside salad.
Just rigatoni pasta, melted mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, and fresh basil. This mug meal is a quickie rigatoni pie that you can make without a spingform pan. Pasta is possibly one of the most versatile ingredients you can cook with. A fun and unique pasta pie recipe featuring Rao's Roasted Four Cheese Sauce & Rigatoni Pasta.". Strain the cooked rigatoni and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
Thank you sister wati for sharing Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Rigatoni pasta pie, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp