Marmite chicken. How to cook Marmite chicken Chinese style. This Malaysian Marmite chicken recipe 妈蜜鸡 is popular among the Chinese restaurant and the roadside stir-fry joints (大炒档) in Malaysia. Although I've tried Marmite dishes before at the zhi char stall but prior to this, I seriously wasn't quite sure of what's Marmite at all.
Marinating chicken in a mixture of Marmite, honey, vinegar, and olive oil makes for a delicious roast dinner, especially atop lemony crispy Glazed Marmite & Honey Chicken With Lemony Potatoes. First wash, rinse and drain well the chicken. Marinade chicken pieces with ingredients (A) for at least one hour. You can have Marmite chicken using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marmite chicken
- You need 2 of Chicken Legs & thighs with skin on.
- It’s 1.5 tbsp of marmite.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s Half of cup of water.
- Prepare of Curry leaves (I deep fried mine too).
- Prepare of Corn flour.
Deep fry chicken pieces until Note: Marmite is a brand of yeast extract. Do not add more than required as it has a strong flavour. Return pre-fried chicken to the wok and toss until well coated with the sauce. Mix well all over chicken pieces.
Marmite chicken instructions
- Coat chicken with corn flour and deep fry at high heat till slightly crispy..
- Dissolve marmite, sugar and water in pan. Add in fried chicken and curry leaves. You may add in more sugar to taste as some may find marmite to be very salty.
- Simmer sauce down till chicken is coated evenly and slightly sticky. Serve with rice!.
Heat oil, add in chicken pieces to brown. When it is browned on one side, flip to the other side to brown. Try our Marmite recipes: Marmite cashews Marmite-roast potatoes. Marmite chicken pops is an incredible dish that has a sweet and slightly sour-ish kind of flavor in each bite. This, when coupled with the amazing crunch, is something that is decadent enough to floor all.
Thank you mother linda for sharing How to Cook Tasty Marmite chicken, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp