Hotwater Crust Beef and Pork Pie.
You can have Hotwater Crust Beef and Pork Pie using 23 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hotwater Crust Beef and Pork Pie
- Prepare of Hot water crust——————.
- Prepare 3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lard.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of water.
- It’s 2/3 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare of Filling————————.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- You need 1-1/4 pound of ground pork.
- It’s 15 ounce of beef broth.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- It’s 1 pound of red potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 4 of large diced carrots.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need of Egg wash——————-.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of water.
Hotwater Crust Beef and Pork Pie step by step
- Preheat the oven 375 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Dice the potatoes, carrots, and onions..
- Brown the beef with the potatoes, carrots, and onions. Add the spices and Worcestershire sauce..
- Cook till the potatoes are fork tender. Add the 2/3 cup flour. Mix in well stir in the broth and let thicken. Set aside..
- The crust, heat the water, butter, and lard. Let it boil till every ingredient is incorporated well..
- Mix the hot water water mixture with the salt, baking soda, and flour. You will have to use this right away. While it's hot..
- Knead till incorporated. Form in the spingform pan two thirds of the dough..
- Push till the bottom and sides are covered with no holes or openings. Keep the dough hot. That's why it is important to have the filling ready to go..
- Add the filling..
- Roll the dough out big around enough to cover the complete top of the pie. Best results is between two sheets of wax or plastic wrap. Work the dough while it's hot to get the best seal..
- Crimp the edges, and seal. Poke a hole in the center with a wooden spoon. Make a small "X" in the circle..
- Coat the top with egg wash. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes..
- Rotate a half turn and bake 15 more minutes..
- Take out and let rest 15 minutes.
- Serve. I hope you enjoy!!.
Thank you tante ida for sharing Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Hotwater Crust Beef and Pork Pie, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp