Dad's Peach Pie.
You can have Dad's Peach Pie using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dad's Peach Pie
- Prepare 2 (29 oz) of cans of Del Monte sliced peaches in heavy syrup.
- You need 1/4 c of brown sugar 2 cups sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 c of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 stick of unsalted melted butter.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract 1 small lemon.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/4 c of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 box of Pilsbury pie crust rolls (I thinks is the best).
Dad's Peach Pie step by step
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain peaches and set syrup aside for filling later..
- In a mixing bowl add peaches 1/4 a c of sugar 1tbsp of cinnamon 1 tsp of nutmeg 1/2 tsp of salt 1/4 c of brown sugar 2-3 tsp of vanilla extract 1/2 stick of melted butter. Mix well and set aside..
- Pie Filing 1 c of peach syrup 1/2 c of sugar 1/4 c of water 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh 1/2 tsp of salt 1/4 c cornstarch Place ingrediants in saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly until the mixture comes to a full boil and thickens. (5 to 7 mins.) Remove from heat and pour into a bowl and let cool before adding peaches. Once cooled add the peaches..
- Prepare pie crust by placing one pie crust in the pie pan (note – lightly sprinkle flour to bottom of pie pan to prevent pie crust from sticking during baking).
- Add peach filing to pie pan and place second pie crust on top. Pinch pie dough together. Cut four slits in top crust to allow steam to vent while baking. For the professional look brush lightly with a egg wash. This will give the crust that store brought golden brown look when done..
- Place pie in oven and cook for 50-60 mins or until crust is golden brown..
Thank you sister sri for sharing Recipe: Perfect Dad's Peach Pie, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp