Creamy Pasta With Bacon and Peas.
You can cook Creamy Pasta With Bacon and Peas using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Pasta With Bacon and Peas
- Prepare 10 slices of thick cut smoked (or not) bacon.
- It’s of Sea salt.
- You need 1 pound of dried mini-shell or other small pasta (I use Orrechiette).
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 2 Cups of Frozen Peas.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole milk Greek Yogurt (I use Cabot Yogurt).
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of finely chopped Mint leaves.
- You need of Juice of 1 onion.
- It’s of I large onion, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 6 ounces of grated Parmesan cheese.
Creamy Pasta With Bacon and Peas step by step
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted to a boil. Meanwhile, cut sliced bacon into 1/2 inch pieces, Add pasta to boiling water and cook to taste..
- While pasta is cooking, place a large skillet over medium heat, and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add bacon and a sprinkling of pepper, fry for 5 minutes, then add onion until bacon is golden and crisp. Immediately add frozen peas and stir for a minute or two. Mix 1/3 cup of pasta water with yogurt and add it with chopped Mint to skillet.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, and drain the pasta. Add pasta to the skillet and stir. Add lemon juice, and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat. The mixture should be a bit thick; if desired, a splash of the pasta water may be added to the sauce to thin it slightly..
- Add Parmesan and stir to mix. If desired, serve with a green salad..
Thank you tante dian for sharing Recipe: Tasty Creamy Pasta With Bacon and Peas, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp