Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup. Asparagus and garlic are roasted, pureed, and combined with half & half, or cream, and seasonings. Check out all the silkiness going on up in there! Sometime last week my other half asked me how much he would have to pay for me to make him our favorite Asparagus Soup.
This Creamy Roasted Asparagus Soup recipe is delicious! Enjoy the health benefits of one of your favorite flavorful green veggies – roasted in a soup! Once the soup is pureed, return the saucepan to the stove and bring soup to a boil over medium-high heat. You can have Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup
- It’s 2 of bunches asparagus, about 1 1/2 lbs.
- You need 2 tbsp of Creole seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, do not use margarine.
- It’s 1 small of onion chopped.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced or pressed.
- You need 2/3 cup of all purpose flour..
- You need 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 3 of or 4 cups of milk depending on desired consistency..
- Prepare 1 tbsp of celery seed.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Then lower heat to medium, and stir in half. Smooth and creamy cream of roasted asparagus soup made in the Vitamix. That is where this creamy of roasted asparagus soup comes in to play. This recipe for roasted asparagus soup was an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Pam Correll.
Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup instructions
- wash asparagus. chop off tough ends and discard. place in a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. sprinkle creole seasoning over. mix and roast in the oven at 400 for 20 – 30 min. stir half way through.
- when done remove and put in a large stock pot. just cover with water and bring to a boil. boil for 10 min. drain asparagus and reserve stock. let asparagus cool.
- in the same pot melt butter. add onion and garlic. saute for 6-7 min. add flour and make a roux. stir constantly for about 5 minutes.
- when asparagus is cool enough to work with put in blender with enough stock to puree. add puree back to the stock and add cream. mix well..
- slowly add this mix to the roux a little at a time. stir the entire time until all mix is incorporated. let bind over med heat a couple minutes. should be a thick chowder..
- add celery seed and salt and pepper to taste. bring mix to a bubble. add milk until you ger the desired consistency. i like mine a little thicker but add milk for a creamy soup.
- if it gets too thin slowly sprinkle more flour in until thick enough. heat through and serve..
This incredibly easy roasted asparagus soup is an all natural puree with garlic, onion, olive oil and a generous splash of almond milk for a creamier finish. Break off bottom part of each asparagus stalk, and discard. Pureed silken tofu helps yield a smooth texture without imparting any taste. The roasted pepper puree boosts flavour and adds colour. This creamy asparagus soup recipe is made with fresh asparagus, leeks or onions, chicken broth, and cream.
Thank you sister linda for sharing Recipe: Perfect Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp