Filling healthy dinner: salmon salad with horsradish dressing and garlic bread on the side.
You can cook Filling healthy dinner: salmon salad with horsradish dressing and garlic bread on the side using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Filling healthy dinner: salmon salad with horsradish dressing and garlic bread on the side
- Prepare of salad.
- Prepare of flaked steak of salmon (pre-cooked and smoked if available) or bite size grilled chicken breasts or thinly sliced grilled steak..
- Prepare of pre-chopped and washed salad greens mix (eg: lettus, red radicchio and shredded yellow carrots).
- Prepare of Arugula leaves.
- It’s of or 2 small cucumbers (you can slice it into long strips with a potato pealer and slice the remaining inside part as normal).
- You need of red sweet capsicum (cut into small cubes).
- It’s of yellow sweet capsicum (cut into small cubes).
- You need of precooked chickpeas ( 400 gram can).
- Prepare of dressing.
- Prepare of prepared horseradish paste.
- You need of EVOO.
- Prepare of lemon (juiced) or a dash of vinegar if you don't have lemon juice.
- You need of dried parsley or 2 tbsp fresh chopped.
- It’s of garlic bread.
- It’s of french baguette – you can use brown as a healthy option.
- Prepare of butter – or low fat alternative.
- You need of garlic split in half.
Filling healthy dinner: salmon salad with horsradish dressing and garlic bread on the side step by step
- If you can't find the pre-cooked and smoked salmon steak flakes (the package normally says salad smoked salmon flakes), you can cook a couple of salmon steaks to your liking. You can use my Salmon steak recipe. Just leave to cool before adding to the salad. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/442721-grilled-salmon-steaks.
- This salad works as well with grilled chicken cut into bite size pieces or thinly sliced grilled steak or even cocktail shrimps or a mix of non-cooked mushrooms instead of the salmon. You can cook the protein any way you prefer, but I prefer grilling, roasting in the oven or pan frying. Follow the rest of the steps as normal but substitute the salmon with the protein of your choice. The amount of protein specified in this recepie is a personal prefrence, you can use less if you want..
- Cut the half of baguette all the way through like a sandwish then cut each side in two to get 4 slices (2 per person.
- Spread butter on the slices from the previous step.
- put them in the oven on 180°C for 4 minutes or until crisp and golden yellow on the top (make sure you keep an eye on them as each oven is different). Rub the halved garlic clove on the bread as soon as it comes out of the oven ..
- In the meantime, assemble all the ingredients for the salad – leave out half of the chikpeas and all the salmon.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients. I didn't have lemons so added a dash of vinegar instead. Taste and adjust to taste. You may want to add salt and pepper if needed. Found this dressing on "tesco.com" as a part of an other recipe..
- Add the dressing a bit at a time on the salad then mix well and taste. If preparing beforehand, only do steps 6 and 7 (and 1 or 2 if choosing one of those options) then do the rest of the steps just before serving..
- Add the salmon flakes and the rest of the chikpeas on top.
- Serve the salad with the garlic bread on the side.
Thank you sister dian for sharing Recipe: Tasty Filling healthy dinner: salmon salad with horsradish dressing and garlic bread on the side, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp