Beer battered fish. Beer Battered Fish is a classic pub food dinner made with fresh cod that's dipped into a batter of flour, eggs, beer, and seasoning, then fried until it's crispy and golden brown on the outside and flaky on. Watch how to make light and crispy beer-battered fried fish. Pieces of cod are dipped in a batter spiced up with paprika and garlic powder then fried until golden brown.
There's nothing super crazy about this recipe, but when you do it right, it's absolutely perfect. Dip the dredged fish in the beer batter and fry the fish until golden brown. Place in a bowl, season to taste with seasoned salt and parsley flakes, toss. You can have Beer battered fish using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beer battered fish
- It’s 375 grams of flour.
- You need 1 can of Blue Ribbon beer.
- It’s of salt.
- You need 250 grams of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic and herb seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of parsley.
- You need 4 tsp of fine grated parmesan.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- It’s 5 of fish fillets.
Beer battered fish is easier to make at home than you think. Stay in, make your own and save some money. A local restaurant made a similar breading for shrimp po' boys, but we think this version's better. Crispy Beer-Battered Fish Recipe photo by Taste of Home.
Beer battered fish step by step
- Pre heat deep fryer to 160°C. Pre heat oven to 140°C..
- Sift flour and salt to taste into a large bowl add beer continuously stir to get a smooth batter. Slowly add the beer as may not need the whole can. Leave to sit with a tea towel covering while sorting next steps..
- Mix 250 grams sifted flour and remaining ingredients to a bowl..
- Cut fish to size you want or leave whole. I cut long ways straight along the middle then through the middle on an angle will make 20 pieces..
- Coat fish in dry flour mix.
- Have oil ready and start coating fish in batter. Use a fork to transfer fish from batter into oil. Fry turning every few minutes once golden and floating remove and place on paper towel.
- Once fried and all been on paper towel to absorb excess oil place in oven on 140°C and let sit for 20mins..
- You dont have to put in oven could just fry in deep fryer for a little longer. I just do it that way so once it is all done and in the oven i can then move on to making salad,chips or whatever you are going to serve it with. And then also the fish has the nice crispy golden color on the outside but the fish is cooked right through. I have done this a few times now and it doesn't dry the fish out at all it is still nice and moist..
And what a fish recipe this is. The batter is a mix of flour and cornstarch, which comes out shatteringly crisp and remarkably un-greasy. A nice English ale is the preferred beer of choice, though I imagine. Beer battered fish has always been one of my favorite recipes to cook. I've experimented over the years with different beers and different methods, however, I think I've honed in on the perfect.
Thank you mother dian for sharing Recipe: Delicious Beer battered fish, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp