Healthy-ish American Shepherd's Pie.
You can have Healthy-ish American Shepherd's Pie using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy-ish American Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare 2 head of of Cauliflower.
- You need 1 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 2 lb of Ground Turkey or Chicken.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 25 of small Carrots, or so.
- You need of Garlic (Powder or Fresh).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Worcestershire Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 can of Beef or Chicken Broth.
- It’s 1 cup of Shredded Cheese (I tried Mozz this time.).
- You need of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare of .
Healthy-ish American Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Start the cauliflower mash. Boil a pot of water then add cauliflower. Let cook approx 10-15 minutes, or until soft..
- Start Meat. Sauté with oil: onion and carrots, then garlic. Add meat, and lightly brown. Add flour, then Worcestershire sauce and broth. Add salt and pepper as needed..
- You can add green beans and corn to meat pan..
- Drain cauliflower, add milk, butter and salt and pepper as needed. Blend in blender until reaches mashed potato -like consistency..
- Grease 2-3 qt casserole dish. Add layer of meat, then layer of cheese, then cauliflower mash on top. Make sure cauliflower mash covers to the sides so meat does not boil out and cause a mess. Add a dash of paprika on top..
- Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes. Let cool for 10 mins..
Thank you tante ida for sharing Recipe: Delicious Healthy-ish American Shepherd's Pie, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp