Misr wot (Ethiopian red lentil stew – vegan). One of Ethiopia's most famous vegetarian dishes, Misir Wat showcases lentils unlike anything else, the incredible flavor will blow you away! The flavor is simply out of this world! Vegetarian-friendly and so delicious that even devout carnivores won't miss the meat!
Thank you all so much for watching our recipe videos and supporting our channel. If you would to further support and help us. This Misir Wot recipe is an Ethiopian red lentil stew gracefully prepared with clarified butter, aromatics and an earthy and floral spice blend I cook this stew using red lentils in ghee and season it with the 'Berbere' Ethiopian spice blend. You can have Misr wot (Ethiopian red lentil stew – vegan) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Misr wot (Ethiopian red lentil stew – vegan)
- You need 1-2 T of olive oil.
- It’s 1 c of diced yellow onion.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1.5 T of berbere spice powder.
- Prepare 1 c of diced tomatoes (or 1 large tomato diced).
- Prepare 1 c of red lentils.
- Prepare 3 c of vegetable stock.
This popular spice blend provides a distinctive earthy. Continuing my Ethiopian theme from last week, here is another recipe from their vegan cuisine. Misir Wot, is a creamy (yet creamless) and spicy red lentil dish. It is almost exactly the same as Indian dal, except for the addition of "berbere" seasonings.
Misr wot (Ethiopian red lentil stew – vegan) step by step
- Set pressure cooker to sauté and cook onion 3-5 min until starts to soften, then add garlic and cook for a minute more. Add 1 T berbere, tomato, lentils, and stock. Stir well..
- Lock lid. Set to high pressure and clock for 10 min..
- Add remaining berbere powder to taste..
Misir Wot is an Ethiopian lentil stew bursting with layers of spice. It is gluten-free, vegetarian, and easy to make. Misir Wot, spicy red lentil stew, is a staple at the Ethiopian table. Lentils are the heart of many African dishes and amongst the country's key. Delicious and authentic recipe for Misir Wot (Ethiopian Red Lentils) spiced with niter kibbeh and berbere spice.
Thank you mother amel for sharing Recipe: Perfect Misr wot (Ethiopian red lentil stew – vegan), hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp