You can have Eggplant Gratin using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Gratin
- Prepare 1 of large eggplant.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1 cup of marinara sauce, I used mine available in my profile or in search.
- It’s 12 slices of pepperoni.
- It’s 1/4 cup of plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated romano cheese, divided use.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of italian seasoning spice blend.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 of green onions, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of italian four cheese blend, shredded.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
Eggplant Gratin instructions
- Spray a baking dish with non stick spray. Preheat oven to 425.
- Peel eggpant and slice crosswise into 1 inch slices.
- Add pepperoni to large non stick skillet and cook on medium low until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove and save for later.
- Season slices with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in the skillet the ppepperoni was cooked in. Non stick is important to pan roasting the eggplant with very little oil. On medium heat cook eggplant slices on both sides until golden and tender. Resist the thought that you need more oil, for best flavor you want them almost dry roasted in the skillet.
- While that is vooking whisk together in a bowl the ricotta cheese, egg, cream, 1/4 cup romano cheese, hot sauce , 1/4 teaspoon pepper and Italian seasoning. Blend well. Set aside.
- Add a thin layer of marinara sauce to the prepared baking dish.
- Layer cooked eggpant, slightly overlapping in dish.
- Cover with remainig marinara sauce.
- Spread ricotta cheese mixture evenly over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons romano cheese and the italian four cheese blend.
- Add reserved pepperoni slices on top of cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
Thank you mother ida for sharing How to Cook Tasty Eggplant Gratin, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp