Island Seafood and Corn Chowder.
You can have Island Seafood and Corn Chowder using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Island Seafood and Corn Chowder
- You need of White fish, 1 lbs diced large (I used cod).
- It’s 1 lbs of peeled, deveined shrimp.
- Prepare 1 can of corn, drained.
- You need 2 cans of coconut milk, plus 1 can water or seafood stock.
- You need of Red bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 3 of medium potatoes, peeled and diced.
- It’s 1 tbs of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 of fresh scotch bonnet, pierced once with a knife.
- You need 1.5 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 2 of celery stalks, diced.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Island Seafood and Corn Chowder step by step
- Heat oil in a pot, saute onion and garlic until onion translucent..
- Add the diced potatoes and celery. Cook for about 8 min. Add in your tomato paste then your seasonings and salt and pepper. Cook for further 2 min..
- Add in your coconut milk, milk, scotch bonnet and red Bell pepper. Bring to rolling boil and cook until the potatoes are ALMOST cooked through..
- When the potatoes are about 80% cooked, add in your white fisg and shrimp. Cook for about 8-10 min until the fish is flaky and the shrimp is pink..
- Serve hot. I julienned some fresh kale and put it in my bowl. When the hot chowder is poured into the bowl it will cook the kale just perfectly..
Thank you tante dian for sharing Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Island Seafood and Corn Chowder, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp