Sauerkraut Pie. The Best Sauerkraut Pie Recipes on Yummly Sauerkraut Pie, Amish Sauerkraut Surprise Custard Pie, German Potato Pie. An amazing mix of sauerkraut hidden in custard and topped with whipped cream.
Old fashioned sauerkraut is made with thinly sliced cabbage and salt. And that is the mark of a good pie. The easy mashed potato pie with sauerkraut does not have a strict list of ingredients. You can cook Sauerkraut Pie using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sauerkraut Pie
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped sauerkraut drained.
- Prepare 2 batches of muerbeteig crusts see my recipe.
- Prepare 2 cup of milk, I used evaporated milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 12 ounces of hotdogs, optional.
- Prepare As needed of nonstick spray.
If you do not have dried mushrooms you can use fresh ones but more. Sauerkraut is finely cut raw cabbage that has been fermented by various lactic acid bacteria. It has a long shelf life and a distinctive sour flavor, both of which result from the lactic acid formed when the bacteria ferment the sugars in the cabbage leaves. Why is this sauerkraut better for you?
Sauerkraut Pie instructions
- Make the Muerbeteig crust and put into the refrigerator for 2 hours..
- Preheat oven 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Beat the eggs, milk, salt, sugar, and vanilla..
- Drain the sauerkraut well. The draining is very important if you don't it will be too wet. Chop the hotdogs into bite sized pieces..
- Mix all the ingredients except the muerbeteig crust..
- Roll out the dough, for the first crust on the bottom..
- Spray nonstick in a 10 inch oven safe skillet, and put the crust in the pan pushing all air out in between the crust and skillet..
- Pour the sauerkraut mixture into the crust.
- Add the other crust on top and cut slits into the top to release steam as it cooks..
- Bake in the oven 45-50 minutes..
- Let cool serve I hope you enjoy!.
Add sauerkraut with spices and saute briefly. Deglaze pan with wine and season with salt and pepper. Fill with half of well drained sauerkraut, smooth and put wrapped fish on top. Mom brewed her own sauerkraut and, of course, the cabbage was from our big farm garden! Thoroughly wash a large tub or bowl (mine was the size of a small washing- up bowl).
Thank you tante ridha for sharing Easiest Way to Make Delicious Sauerkraut Pie, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp