Monte cristo sandwich. Spread bread with mayonnaise and mustard. Alternate ham, Swiss and turkey slices on bread. Monte Cristo sandwich Recipe : I love sandwiches.
Bread: White bread will seal the best, but you can always swap it out for sourdough, rye or even a dinner rolls in a pinch! A perfect Monte Cristo sandwich has a few classic markers: soft white bread, thinly sliced deli ham, creamy Gruyère cheese, and a custardy egg dip before being cooked. Yummy Swiss Cheese, Turkey, And Ham On White Bread, Fried & Topped With Powdered Sugar—Making It An Irresistible Sweet And Salty Dish. You can have Monte cristo sandwich using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Monte cristo sandwich
- It’s 1 loaf of french bread.
- You need 1 lbs of smoked ham deli sliced thin.
- Prepare 16 oz of package of sliced swiss cheese.
- It’s 1 box of pancake batter (add water only kind).
- Prepare of Powdered sugar.
- You need of Vegetable oil for frying.
- Prepare of Toothpicks.
This is the ultimate make at home Monte Cristo Sandwich – with turkey, ham and cheese in a sandwich that is cooked. Have you ever wanted to make this popular Monte Cristo Sandwich by yourself? Monte Cristo Sandwich: Take the square homemade bread. Recipe courtesy of Mama's on Washington Square.
Monte cristo sandwich instructions
- Slice the french bread in half length wise and layer ham and cheese. Cut the assembled sandwich into 2 in slices.
- Mix pancake batter according to the directions (it should be thin).
- Place the toothpicks into each slice to hold it together while cooking..
- Dip the sandwich slices into the pancake batter and cook until golden brown..
- Place on paper towels to dry and remove tooth picks. Then lightly dust with powdered sugar..
This Monte Cristo sandwich is part grilled cheese, part French toast, and every single bit amazing. I tippy-toed out of my eating comfort zone and found something totally delicious and new to me. This Monte Cristo sandwich is a classic French toast-style sandwich. Now you don't have to wait for a trip to a local diner to get your craving fulfilled. The Monte Cristo sandwich, sometimes spelled Monte Christo, is an unusual sandwich combining the principals of French toast and the basic ham and Swiss sandwich.
Thank you sister diah for sharing How to Prepare Yummy Monte cristo sandwich, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp