Nikujaga – potato and meat stew –. Nikujaga is made from thinly sliced beef stewed with potato and onions in a slightly sweet soy based sauce, normally served with a side of steamed white rice. Cook snow peas in boiling water for a minute. Nikujaga, or meat and potatoes is an easy comforting Japanese stew made with beef, potatoes and carrots.
I call it stew but Japanese Meat and Potato Stew is nowhere near the Western style stew. The cooking liquid is based on the usual Japanese It is perhaps closer to Irish stew with Japanese style broth. This stew is called 'nikujaga' (肉じゃが) in Japanese, which literally means meat and. You can cook Nikujaga – potato and meat stew – using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nikujaga – potato and meat stew –
- You need 200 g of thinly sliced beef.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1-2 of carrot.
- Prepare 4-5 of potatoes.
- Prepare 300 g of Shirataki noodles.
- It’s 8-10 of mange touts (anything green to make up the dish colorful and tasty).
- It’s 20 g of ginger.
- It’s 1 Tbs of sugar.
- You need 2 Tbs of sake (or white wine).
- Prepare 2 Tbs of mirin.
- It’s 3 Tbs of soysauce.
- You need 1 tsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
Nikujaga translates literally to meat and potato. It can best be described as a Japanese beef stew recipe. It is a hearty winter dish that will be sure to. Nikujaga, or stewed potatoes with meat, is one of the mainstays of Japanese-style mother's cooking.
Nikujaga – potato and meat stew – step by step
- Peel potatoes and carrots, cut in to bite-sized pieces(a bit larger for potatoes). Peel and cut onion into 8~10 pieces. Cut ginger into thin strips. String peas(mange touts)..
- Blanch shirataki noodle, by putting it in boiled water for 1 min..
- Heat oil in a pot, cook the meat. Add sugar and sake. When the color of the meat has changed, add ginger, shirataki noodles, onion, carrot, and potato, pan fry with meat for approx. 2 min..
- Add just enough amount of water, so that some ingredients are appears above the water. Add mirin, soysauce, salt and let them boil..
- When the pot comes to boil, cover with a drop-lid, simmer for 15 minutes over a middle flame..
- Add mange touts, simmer for another minute, and stop the heat. Leave it for a couple minutes and serve..
Traditionally, this is eaten with plain rice, but if the idea of potatoes and rice is sort of overwhelming to you, reduce the amount of soy sauce in the stewing liquid to make it less salty. With winter coming faster than expected, nothing beats good ol' meat and potatoes. Try this easy recipe for the Japanese version, known as nikujaga. Nikujaga is one of the most popular Japanese comfort food, the delicious dish includes sliced beef slow cooked with potatoes, shirataki noodles, and onion. It's the Japanese version of beef stew; however, it contains a fairly small amount of meat.
Thank you sister ulin for sharing How to Cook Tasty Nikujaga – potato and meat stew –, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp