You can cook Spinach Risotto using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spinach Risotto
- It’s 8 ounces of cold Taleggio (you can use Fontina or Brie instead, just remove the rind).
- Prepare 10 of ounces/8 packed cups spinach, any thick stems removed.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 of medium red onion, finely diced.
- You need 3 cups of finely diced celery.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, finely grated or mined.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Arborio rice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt, more as needed.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of good vegetable or chicken stock.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of dry white wine.
Spinach Risotto step by step
- Cut the rind off the Taleggio (or the other cheeses) and discard. Dice the cheese into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside at room temperature as you prepare the rice..
- Line a colander with a clean dish towel and place spinach inside. Heat about 8 cups of water until boiling, then pour over spinach; the spinach will wilt. Let spinach sit until cool enough to handle, then use the dish towel to squeeze out the water. Transfer spinach to a food processor and blend with 1 tablespoon butter until smooth. (You’ll end up with about 1 cup of purée.) Reserve.
- Melt remaining 5 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, celery and garlic; cook until translucent, about 7 minutes. Stir in rice and 1 teaspoon salt, and cook until toasted and golden, about 5 minutes..
- Stir in wine and cook until it’s absorbed, about 3 minutes. Stir in stock, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring often but not necessarily continuously, until the stock is finished and the rice is cooked through but not mushy, 15 to 20 minutes..
- Stir in spinach purée, then taste and add more salt, if needed. Add Taleggio (or Fontina / Brie) and stir to melt. Serve immediately.
Thank you tante amel for sharing Recipe: Delicious Spinach Risotto, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp