You can have Eggplant Involtini using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Involtini
- It’s 2 of eggplants, peeled.
- Prepare of Pam cooking spray.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 can (28 oz.) of tomatoes (whole, peeled).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of basil (fresh), chopped and divided into 3 portions.
- Prepare 8 oz of ricotta.
- You need 1 slice of sandwich bread.
- Prepare 1 1/2 oz of shredded pecorino romano cheese.
- Prepare 1 of lemon, juiced.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
Eggplant Involtini step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and place one rack on the lower position, and the other on the second to closest broiler level..
- Slice the peeled eggplants lengthwise, into the 1/2 inch planks. you should have 12 total slices..
- Line 2 sheet pans with parchment, and spray with cooking oil..
- Place the eggplant slices on the sheet pans and spray with more cooking oil. salt and pepper the slices..
- Bake 30-35 min until tender, and starting to brown. remove from oven and let rest 5 min, to cool. After removing the eggplant, pre-heat the broiler..
- While the eggplant is cooking, add olive oil, garlic, oregano, red pepper, and salt to a 12" broiler safe skillet. Place the skillet on medium heat and cook the garlic and spices ~1 min..
- Puree the can of whole tomatoes with an immersion blender (or finely chop the tomatoes by knife), and add them to the skillet, along with the one portion of the basil..
- Simmer the tomato sauce on low heat, stirring occasionally, while the eggplant bakes..
- Process the bread in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs..
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 1 oz of the romano cheese, ricotta, 1 portion of basil, 1/2 tsp of salt, and the lemon juice. fold the mixture until combined..
- Place the ricotta mixture onto the widest part of the eggplant slices..
- Roll up the slices and place seam-side down in the tomato sauce..
- Place under the broiler, and broil 5-10 min until browned..
- Sprinkle the remaining romano cheese, and the last portion of basil over the broiled eggplant and serve..
Thank you tante yuli for sharing Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Eggplant Involtini, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp