Aubergine Sauce with Saffron Rice. For the saffron rice, cook the basmati rice according to the packet instructions. Once cooked, drain and rinse under cold running water. Crumble in the saffron, add the dill and fry for a few minutes more.
Mix all the ingredients for the yogurt sauce and set aside. Next make the rice while Notes. Aubergines in tamarind sauce – download this royalty free Stock Photo in seconds. You can have Aubergine Sauce with Saffron Rice using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aubergine Sauce with Saffron Rice
- It’s 500 g of eggplants (aubergines), about two small ones, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of large bell pepper, roughly chopped.
- You need 250 g of onions (1 big onion), diced.
- You need 1 of small piece of ginger root, finely sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 75 g of olives, diced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of capers.
- Prepare 800 g of crushed tomatoes (two cans).
- Prepare 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- It’s of Few teaspoons of sugar.
- You need to taste of Sweet paprika, chili flakes, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper.
- It’s pinch of sumach (optional).
- You need 1-2 teaspoons of garam masala.
- You need of rice:.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of long grain rice, uncooked.
- You need 1 of big pinch saffron.
- You need 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 handfuls of unsweetened dried barberries or cranberries.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar.
This is delicious served with flat bread or rice. Photo about Aubergines in Tamarind Sauce with Baked Halloumi and Saffron Rice. Saffron rice recipe With step by step photos – saffron rice is made in many cuisines of the world. Saffron is loved by chefs because of the aroma I served the Saffron rice with Punjabi rajma.
Aubergine Sauce with Saffron Rice step by step
- Heat some oil in a wok over high heat. Add eggplants in a single layer (you may have to do this in batches). Fry until browned (not cooked through). Remove from wok and set aside in a colander.
- Add some more oil to the wok and toss in the bell pepper until charred. Set aside in the same colander.
- Next, reduce heat to medium, oil the wok if needed. Add the onion and fry until golden brown, then add ginger and garlic. After about 1 minute, add capers, olives and crushed tomatoes.
- Transfer all the vegetables from the colander into the wok. Simmer over low heat for 40-45 minutes with the seasoning: sugar, stock cube, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, chili flakes, garam masala, sumach and sweet paprika.
- In the meantime, cook the rice in 3 cups of water and a pinch of saffron. Cover until ready to eat.
- Finally, prepare the berries: heat some butter in a small frying pan. Add barberries and sugar. Toss berries for about 2 minutes and take off heat.
- To serve: scoop some rice in a bowl, top with crispy berries and the vegetable sauce. Enjoy :).
This beautiful rice dish can also be served with any Indian curry like vegetable kadai, lauki kofta, paneer. Middle Eastern saffron and roasted-aubergine pilaf. This delicious pilaf is packed with spice and flavour. While your rice finishes cooking, heat a small frying pan over a medium heat and toast the almonds until they just start to brown, stirring to ensure. BASMATI RICE: Basmati Rice is a long grain rice.
Thank you sister linda for sharing Recipe: Yummy Aubergine Sauce with Saffron Rice, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp