Karniyarik (Stuffed eggplant). Stuffed Eggplant Karniyarik is one of the traditional, best known and favorite Turkish dish of all time. It is irresistible with the combination of. Learn how to make Turkish Stuffed Eggplant (Karniyarik)!
Turkish Stuffed Eggplant (Karniyarik) – Splitting Bellies. "Karniyarik" means "split belly," which refers to the technique used to stuff them, although depending on the size of your eggplant, it could also. Karniyarik is a classic Turkish stuffed eggplant recipe. Using two of Turkey's favourite ingredients, lamb stuffed eggplant (karniyarik) is a popular dish. You can cook Karniyarik (Stuffed eggplant) using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Karniyarik (Stuffed eggplant)
- It’s 8 of medium narrow eggplants.
- You need 1 of green pepper (Italian).
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic / chopped.
- You need 2 of dry onions / chopped thinly.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of Italian parsley.
- It’s to taste of Cumin, salt, pepper.
- You need of Olive oil to brush eggplants.
- You need 1 of or 1/2 half cup of hot water.
With the help of two spoons, or a knife, split the eggplant lengthways halfway through, leaving the. Karniyarik; Stuffed eggplants with ground meat, onion, tomatoes. This impressive dish is a legacy of the Ottoman Palace kitchens and yet another of the imperial demands for ingenuity concerning the. Hearty stuffed eggplants meet their match when roasted with a savory ground beef filling in this "Barely any other recipes find cooks so united in what belongs, and what doesn't, as the stuffed.
Karniyarik (Stuffed eggplant) instructions
- Here are your main ingredients. You will sauté onions, garlic, then add ground beef, chopped tomatoes. After the meat changes the color, add paste and spices, and chopped pepper, set aside..
- Peel the eggplants using the 'stripe' technique : half peel skin, so you have one stripe of skin, and one stripe peeled. Place the eggplants in salty water and let them sit there while preparing the rest of ingredients – around 30 minutes..
- Dry them with paper towel, cut a slit in the center of the eggplants lengthwise, and brush with olive oil.
- Put into broiler, turn them over do not let them burn.
- They look like these. Next set the oven 375°F/190°C.
- Find your slit open up with a spoon, make some space for the meat stuffing..
- Fill them up.
- You are done with stuffing.
- Decorate them with tomatoes and pepper.
- Make sauce by mixing paste with hot water, pour over baking dish, (not over eggplants).
- Cook at 375 around 30 mins.
- They are ready.
Karniyarik is a stuffed eggplant dish from Turkey, similar to another popular Turkish dish, Imam Bayildi, which is similar but made without ground meat. This Turkish stuffed eggplant dish is rich, vibrant and perfect as a light supper. Get the recipe at Food & Wine. Like the meatless Imam Bayildi, this Turkish stuffed eggplant dish is rich, vibrant and. Whether you bake your karniyarik with beef, lamb, mushrooms, or more, this recipe makes a meal fit.
Thank you tante linda for sharing Recipe: Delicious Karniyarik (Stuffed eggplant), hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp