Spicy eggplant curry. Bharwa baingan is a Indian style eggplant curry made by simmering small eggplants in a spicy onion masala. Curried eggplants are a favorite with many Indians and enjoy them often with rice or roti. Eggplant Curry is one of my favorite vegan dinners to make at home.
Thai green curry with sautéed asian eggplant, red bell peppers, lemongrass, and coconut milk. Do you love spicy and thick gravy? Do you like to eat eggplant and tomato combo? You can have Spicy eggplant curry using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy eggplant curry
- You need 2 of Baby eggplants(I bought it from Costco).
- You need 1 of medium sized white onion chopped into fine pieces.
- Prepare 3 of large tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger paste.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic paste.
- Prepare few leaves of curry leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of approx. mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of dried mango powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fenugreek seeds.
- You need 1-2 tsp of chilly powder(depending on the spice level).
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried golden sultana raisins.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- It’s of cooking oil as needed (I used organic sunflower oil).
If yes, this is the Basically, Sri Lankan eats this eggplant and tomato curry with rice. This Eggplant Curry made in the Sri Lankan style is easy enough to put together with just a handful of ingredients, but it packs more flavor than you might imagine. Serve with hot rice or roti for a delicious. Japanese eggplant has firmer flesh than regular eggplant, which means it holds up when stewed.
Spicy eggplant curry instructions
- Step 1 – Cut the eggplant into round slices about an inch think and keep it aside. In a pan, add few tbsp of cooking oil. When the oil becomes hot, place the eggplant pieces in the pan. Cook/Fry the pieces both sides until both sides becomes evenly golden brown in color. Continue this process for all your remaining eggplant pieces. Keep this aside.
- Step 2 – In a cooking dish, add few tbsp of cooking oil. When the oil becomes hot, add the chopped onions and sauté it until onion becomes tender and slightly transparent. Into this add ginger-garlic paste and mix well. Next, add dried mango powder, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, raisins, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, chili powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice as per the above specified measurements. Mix the masala for few minutes. To this add chopped tomatoes, cilantro and curry leaves and sauté the content for 5-6 minutes until tomatoes are fried well. Add 1 tsp salt or as required..
- Final step – To the masala add the fried eggplant pieces and mix well . If you like it more gravy add some (1/2 cup) water and bring everything to a boil. Add more salt if required..
- Serve hot with roti or rice..
We're not sure if that's why luvcookbooks calls for this type, but it works really well here as you. Sri Lankan Eggplant Curry (Roasted Eggplant Chips in Hot and Sour Curry Sauce). This popular dish is served in all Sri Lankan celebrations. Fried eggplant in hot and sour spicy gravy goes well with rice. A quick and simple vegetarian recipe, this Burmese Eggplant Curry gets no points for looks but full marks for taste.
Thank you tante yuni for sharing Recipe: Appetizing Spicy eggplant curry, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp