You can cook Chicken Afritada using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Afritada
- Prepare 1 of /2 kilo chicken (I used chicken breast fillets quartered).
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion diced.
- You need 2 of green bell peppers diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of green peas.
- Prepare 2 cups of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 2 of potatoes or sweet potatoes cubed.
- It’s 1 of carrot cubed.
- It’s 1 of dried bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- You need 2 tablespoons of brown sugar or to taste.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Chicken Afritada step by step
- Heat oil in pan and add garlic and onions. Cook garlic until light golden brown and onions translucent. Add bay leaf. Cook potatoes for about 5 minutes or until soft but not mushy. Set aside..
- Using the same pan/pot cook chicken in left over oil for 10-15 minutes or both sides are browned (I like cooking my chicken in oil to give it a crispy outside, you may skip this and just boil chicken in water until cooked)..
- Add carrots, peas, green bell peppers the cooked garlic, onions & bay leaf previously set aside. Pour water to deglaze pan add chicken buillon cube and simmer for another five minutes..
- Pour tomato sauce and let it simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes. Season with sugar, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat and serve with steamed white rice..
Thank you tante ulin for sharing Recipe: Appetizing Chicken Afritada, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp