Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version). After the peppers and onions have softened, return the sliced sausage to the pot along with the diced tomatoes, basil For a little healthier twist, we sometimes substitute hot chicken sausage instead of regular sausage and pair it. Spicy Sausage and Pepper Pasta-this colorful pasta dish is easy to make and full of flavor! I am very pregnant and not in the mood to cook on most days.
Both are much leaner than pork Sausage Orecchiette Pasta. I adapted this pasta to be like my favorite Italian restaurant version You can spice it up by adding cayenne and hot peppers, or mellow it by replacing the tomatoes and. Cook pasta according to package instructions. You can cook Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version)
- Prepare 1 pack of is Italian sausage (2-3 lbs).
- Prepare 3-4 of red peppers chopped.
- You need 1 of medium onion chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- You need of Olive oil for sautéing.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 3-4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 box of Dreamfields pasta 13.5 oz.
- You need 1 (8 oz) of pack low fat cream cheese.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Red crushed pepper flakes.
- You need of Fresh parsley for garnish.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Italian sausages cooked with bell peppers, sweet onions, crushed tomatoes, and garlic. Served on a hoagie roll or over pasta or polenta. But eat you do, because that sausage and peppers with onions are so so good.
Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version) step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add sausage onto greased on sheet and cook for 30 min. Then flip and cook for another 10 min until golden brown.
- Meanwhile sauté the chopped veggies and garlic in olive oil until soft..
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and seasoning. Bring to a boil and add pasta.
- While pasta is cooking dice up the cooked sausage and add in. The last 2 min of the pasta cooking, add the cream cheese to sit on top of dish to soften. Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese and chopped parsley. Enjoy!.
And then you have a food coma for the rest of the afternoon, and you eat steamed. Pasta tossed in a simple sausage, tomato, and spinach sauce is a perfect weeknight meal. I make it a little healthier using whole wheat pasta, low-sodium chicken broth, and spicy Italian turkey sausage. We actually like the turkey sausage better than regular sausage. Learn how to make Italian turkey sausage and pepper pasta & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe.
Thank you mother wati for sharing Recipe: Tasty Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version), hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp