Brad's cottage pie. Warming to the tips of your toes, a comforting dish of cottage pie is one of the best things about Make it special with Mary Berry's dauphinoise topped cottage pie, or keep it simple with James. Try this easy cottage pie, a beef pie with mashed potato topping. If you use lamb instead of beef you can call it a shepherd's pie.
Lets enjoy a delicious Cottage Pie & many other Pakistani English Recipes in Cottage Pie. Cottage pie is a combination of ground lamb or beef with mashed potatoes, topped with a bubbling layer of cheese is the perfect comfort food. Classic Cottage Pie Recipe photo by Taste of Home. You can cook Brad's cottage pie using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's cottage pie
- Prepare of the veggies.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped asparagus.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced mushroom.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped sweet onion.
- You need 2 cups of frozen veggie mix with corn carrots peas and green beans.
- You need 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s of the meat.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of thin London broil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- You need of the potatoes.
- You need 2 of LG youkon gold potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of LG sweet potatoes.
- It’s 4 tbs of butter.
- It’s of milk.
- Prepare to taste of garlic powder, salt, and white pepper.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Prepare 2 cups of prepared brown gravy.
Cottage Pie is a rustic, savory pie of ground beef in a flavorful gravy, vegetables, topped with mashed potatoes and cheese. I have to confess I love a one dish meal. Comfort food doesn't get much more classic than this cottage pie, layered with beef mince & buttery mash. See more comfort food recipes at Tesco Real Food.
Brad's cottage pie step by step
- First mix the meat ingredients and marinade meat for 1 1/2 hrs at room temperature.
- In a LG frying pan, add 1 tbs oil. Saute onion, mushrooms, and asparagus until mushrooms are close to done. Asparagus should still be crisp. Add balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup water, and frozen veggies. Steam until liquid cooks out..
- Place veggies in a lightly greased 9 X 13 baking dish..
- Meanwhile peel and boil potatoes. When soft, drain. Add butter and seasonings. Mash. Add milk until potatoes become smooth..
- In same pan as the veggies, add 1 tbs oil. Sear London broil over med high heat until browned on both sides but still rare. Remove to a cutting board. Slice thinly across the grain. Layer over the veggies..
- Pour the gravy over everything. Spread the potatoes evenly on top. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. When done add cheese and return to the oven until cheese melts..
- Serve immediately. I served with cottage cheese..
Shepherd's Pie/Cottage Pie: When I was very young, I think I was at a family reunion, I ate shepherd' pie for the first time, and it was soon good! Then I grew up, and after years of trying friends or. Cottage pie originated as a way to use up leftover beef stew, but why wait for leftovers? Cottage pie or shepherd's pie is a type of savory pie. It is made with minced meat, with mashed potato on top.
Thank you sister linda for sharing Recipe: Delicious Brad's cottage pie, hopefully it's useful for us all, please feel free to practical for social gathering or daily parties. For friends who want to share recipes are welcome, and those who request are also allowed. Don't forget to share this recipe via your social media, maybe Facebook, Twitter, IG or WhatsApp